šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Jamiroquai

Yes, this. Thought they might get a generous three from me, and then I played some of those clips and all of a sudden I wasnā€™t feeling so magnanimous.

1 Like

Wash your mouth out.

1 Like

5 because they are loads better than the score you lot wil end up giving them.

Could make me dance for days

2 Likes

Honestly think The 'quai are gonna get a surprising high score. Reckon thereā€™s a lot of us shy 'quai guys round here bumping them up.

Reckon they may get a 2.5 or lower. Lotta people voting for the overall but less on the albums and singles.

2 Likes

I mist admit when jamiroqwhy first came on the scene that I took against them right away.

I was young, I liked guitars, and this band just rubbed me up the wrong way in everyday. Nothing to do with the music. I heard a few seconds, thought they were shit and couldnā€™t believe anyone thought any different. But really I was judging their merits on my reaction to the massive bell-end that is Jay Kay.

Now a few decades on - Iā€™m older, wiser, I have now heard quite a lot of this bandā€™s music. and my instincts were right. Theyā€™re shit.

1 Like

Kind of hard to rate really arenā€™t they? They are both very good (musicians) and also they are shit and a touch sanitised / bland.

Noticeable initially for their MTV friendly look, videos and presentation. Generationally really close to me and the circle of friends I had back then we all knew who they were but no one was really interested. It kind of felt they got lucky with a big music label backing and many artists could have gotten as big as they did with the kind of marketing they had, etc.

Then again, they really could play. It was a pity they didnā€™t make anything that is more challenging musically.

I was given 2 free tickets when I worked in a record shop to see them live at the NEC in Birmingham. Some clearly coked up guy from their marketing team or whatever managed to get the whole of the NEC to do Mexican wave before Jamiroquai came on stage. The gig was just like their records, they played well but it registered no interest or excitement with me at all. At the end of the gig during the encore(s) I realised I was the only person in the NEC sitting down. I was in my 20ā€™s then so I wasnā€™t tired, just bored.

They did have the tunes but that sanitised, coffee table version of what felt like diluted Stevie Wonder, from Stevie Wonders good era mind. I guess they turned some people onto the quality albums of Stevie Wonder, maybe, I dunno.

Pointless but kinda good too - alsoā€¦ rubbish.

3?

2?

I donā€™t know, maybe a 3 for Alright alone, which is I feel by far their best song.

1 Like

Correct on best song and most of it tbh.

1 Like

Nope. Awful stuff, so many bad memories. 1/5

Gonna bump him up a point for this

5 Likes

Absolute worst music on the planet

1 Like

Stevie Wonder Karaoke Bullshit (with hats!)

1 Like

Chalk me up as one who thought Jamiroquai was just the lead singer. Think thatā€™s the consensus here in the states tbh. There was a live show I saw clips of not to long ago where he was sweating through his white pants. They can get pretty funky at times havenā€™t heard enough to warrant a rating though.

V nice work here aves

Score time!

Anything over a 2 would probably be considered a win by anyone who doesnā€™t dislike them Iā€™d imagine.

Indistinguishable from lift muzak. Rave music for dentists etc.

1 Like

4.03 BNM

2 Likes