🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Kaiser Chiefs

2 from me.

The early singles were pretty good (I Predict a Riot has a killer chorus) and I enjoyed them live at festivals around that time.

Ricky Wilson’s pretty bloody annoying though…I hated the keyboard player’s hat…and I had a thing where I really didn’t like the drummer for daring to have such an active part in interviews and forgetting he was the drummer.

3 Likes

Good that :smiley:

One of them is involved somehow with a film lab that’s slightly cheaper than other films labs. 5

This image from that cribs vid looks like the drummer is a disser on a night out with his none internet friends

9 Likes

I hate them so much

1 Like

Still very, very bad, but Hard Fi and the Kooks are waaaaaaaaay better than Kaiser Chiefs, surely?

4 Likes

not sure how such an average singer is so omnipresent. respect the graft for him to get on pop idol or whatever.

saw them before they were big, in typical DiS fashion, when they were called parva

First gig after lockdown and I had a great time

1 Like

Think he always wanted to be Robbie Williams rather than Liam Gallagher

1 Like

Gonna go for a 3

This is exactly the kind of thing that keeps me coming back to these threads. Can take or leave people’s heartfelt writings about what a band means to them and how important they’ve been in their lives, but the thought of Richie reading the name Kaiser Chiefs and thinking “oh it’s that prick with the hat” has made my morning.

12 Likes

Don’t feel any need to go in two footed on them or anything but they’re a one for me.

2 Likes

the RUBYRUBYRUBY format has been adopted to apply to anything in our flat. Eg:

COFFEECOFFEECOFFEECOFFEE ahhh ahh ooo ahh
PASTAPASTAPASTAPASTA ahhh ahh ooo ahh

etc - so 5/5 for that gift alone

11 Likes

Reckon that’d last about an hour in my flat before someone got murdermurdermurdermurdered.

21 Likes

lockdown has fatally lowered our standards tbf

Yer man who plays the keyboard is called Peanuts or something.

2, because Everyday I Love You Less and Less was the first thing i reviewed for my uni newspaper and I’ve fond memories of it.

Every song was just “wòooooooooaaaaaahhhhhhh!” In the chorus wasn’t it?

1 Like

Disagree

Giving them a two for use of the word “Leodensian”

3 Likes

Ridiculous way of saying you’re from leeds, minus 1

4 Likes

My experience with the Kaiser Chiefs is hearing them on the radio etc a lot when they first came on the scene, then seeing them at a festival in Berlin in 2016 and they were really fun. Abstaining.