šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Kate Bush

I think the songwriting is interesting and her vocals are good but I hate the production and I hate the instrumentation and I think a lot of the melodic instrumentation is straight up lazy on the one album I listened to

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair enough. I havenā€™t listened to everything, same with the other artists bar Nirvana, just vote based on what I have heard, but everyoneā€™s got a different system.

I seem to recall reading about Dave Gilmour finding and promoting her and it all feeling very older-man-rubs-thighs, which was a bit ICK. Maybe I was just reading it all wrong though.

Donā€™t feel I can vote based on listening to 2 or 3 albums of a massive career

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a fair point.

Weā€™re talking about evil rich people already then huh

6 Likes

Nope. I said what I said. Letā€™s move on and talk about how fucking perfect Babooshka is.

1 Like

no itā€™s more people not being able to handle criticism of artists they like

1 Like

Then what does them being rich have anything to do with it

Donā€™t answer that

1 Like

just reminded people of why itā€™s stupid to identify with these people

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Can we maybe have a dedicated thread to the evils of having money and just talk about music in the music threads?

2 Likes

you mean canā€™t we all rate the big muscians I like as a 5?

Another one?

5 Likes

Yeah but just one that I can mute

1 Like

No. Where did he say that? Stop being silly.

so what are you all bracing for?

I have to go out anyway youā€™ll be relieved to hear

GET ON WITH IT!

I got to do both Corby jokes. Iā€™m so happy!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know her catalogue quite as well as I probably should but all the songs I do know are absolute corkers. Running Up That Hill is an epic. Kate Bush earns my first 5 in these threads and itā€™s very well deserved.

Starting to worry about potential racial bias on DiS though :worried:

7 Likes