🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Lady Gaga

Marilyn Monroe?

1 Like

Oh. I’m out then.

1 Like

Love Gaga. It’s a 5 from me.

Kofi Annan

8 Likes

Former Catchphrase host Roy ‘Roy’ Walker?

3 Likes

Madonna?

2 Likes

(its corgan innit)

Elon Musk

1 Like

I Googled.

The views of someone I would unhesitatingly give a 1 to in this format.

2 Likes

It isn’t. I was surprised by who it was though.

I’ve never found said person interesting enough to listen to more than 1 or 2 songs.

1 Like

Kozelek?

1 Like

Newsomes approach to image is really interesting, but you listen to the music, and you just hear a shit wedding. Smart outlets for musical journalism give her all this credit, like she’s the new judee sill… Although I’m coming from a perspective of also thinking Judee Sill is not great at all. I’m like, fair enough: she is the new Judee Sill, but Judee Sill’s a dumb-ass!”

Easy that innit

8 Likes

2/5

Think she’s interesting and probably important as an icon, but under-delivers musically. It would be hypocritical of me to boost her score because I like her image and actions, given that I didn’t dock points from fools like Kanye.

3 Likes

5/5 for Bad Romance alone. The first time I heard it on the radio, I almost crashed my car.

Also, remember when she appeared on the X Factor singing in a massive toilet? That whole year/18 month period she was just on another level.

5 Likes

Shaquille O’Neal

1 Like

gif of him wiggling cut with the cat wiggling

People have already covered this, but the LGBTQI+ activism is brilliant, but her music is so inexplicably dull in comparison to her image (edit: IMO obviously!).

It’s like they’re written as the last part of the whole promotional process.

Character - Theme - Staging - Record Title - Marketing Campaign - …songs

1 Like

I think the thing is that the music could potentially be so good. She’s an incredible accomplished musician and singer but it’s more often than not hidden away in a lot of mundane Euro pop filler. There are exceptions, obviously, but that’s the overriding thing I think about her music, and why I much prefer the stripped back stuff like Million Reasons etc.

Been reading up on her LGBT+ work and activism etc and I’m bumping her up to a 4. For the record, I also knocked Prince down to a 3 after that Sinead O’Connor story was discussed, and would have done the same for Hendrix.

1 Like