🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 LCD Soundsystem

Looking forward to HGATR Shy Child.

2 Likes

This thread made me realise that I had hardly listened to American Dream so I did so. I like it!

1 Like

Ive given lcd a 5 and stand by that but echoes is better than anything lcd have done.

Yeah this for me too. I did play SOS to death at the time and sickened myself of them a bit. AD has real longevity I think and its the one album of theirs I keep going back to

@escutcheon, you never chose your two playlist tracks. Just clocked they were looking a bit under-represented in the playlist.

Ha, wow totally missed this! Ill have a think

4.5 because of the shear joy in the room when they play live and because All My Friends is an unimpeachable 7 minute freight train rush of a dance-punk-disco-glam-funk-house song.

To quote Bruce Dickinson “I got a fever! And the only prescription… is more cowbell”

1 Like

Pretty cool set for their first show in three years

6 Likes

I do like their version of No Love Lost.

3 Likes

Really really really want to go see them again asap

1 Like

Would love to see that cover of ‘Big City’!

2 Likes

new york i love you but you’re bringing me down. well this track brings me down during the mainly euphoric nature of yer gigs, get it in the bin.

2 Likes

awful tosh

Big City is SUCH a good song. One of those that could last an hour.

1 Like

First show back in full

woah! feel like this should be a controversial opinion. let’s find out

new york i love you but you’re bringing me down

• new york i love you
  • new york i hate you
  • new york you’re just fine i guess

0 voters

I like the song but it jarrs during the joyous chaos of their live set.

2 Likes

Love it, especially live as it’s a nice lull before everything kicks off again.

2 Likes

It’s fine glad I have seen it live but, it isn’t as good as Home.

3 Likes

Thought it was a pretty widely held belief it was a duffer in the context of their live shows, particularly as they maddeningly decided to close with it for years and leave everyone on a bum note. The studio recording itself is fine.