🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 LCD Soundsystem

Would love to see that cover of ‘Big City’!

2 Likes

new york i love you but you’re bringing me down. well this track brings me down during the mainly euphoric nature of yer gigs, get it in the bin.

2 Likes

awful tosh

Big City is SUCH a good song. One of those that could last an hour.

1 Like

First show back in full

woah! feel like this should be a controversial opinion. let’s find out

new york i love you but you’re bringing me down

• new york i love you
  • new york i hate you
  • new york you’re just fine i guess

0 voters

I like the song but it jarrs during the joyous chaos of their live set.

2 Likes

Love it, especially live as it’s a nice lull before everything kicks off again.

2 Likes

It’s fine glad I have seen it live but, it isn’t as good as Home.

3 Likes

Thought it was a pretty widely held belief it was a duffer in the context of their live shows, particularly as they maddeningly decided to close with it for years and leave everyone on a bum note. The studio recording itself is fine.

i actually like the song but they use to play it at the end of their sets and it was just a downer

3 Likes

Are they just doing a months residency in Brooklyn??

Yeah 20 nights

1 Like

And several summer festivals next year, too, including in Europe.

1 Like

Only Bilbao BBK for European festivals doe. (But could well be some other shows)

I like the song but it has very bad emotions attached to it.

CW: Murder.

Summary

This is pretty grim but it’s not a story i can tell that many people would understand, you lot probably will.
So, a long time ago, I was woken up by a fight in the apartment block I was living in. It sounded pretty rough so after calling the cops I walked out to see if I could break it up. (This wasn’t easy to do, I was shit scared). When i get out of my flat I see that one guy is clearly murdering the other, I’ll spare the details.
I slam the door and pray the guy hadn’t seem me. The cops come and deal with it and in shock, I go back to bed.
So I get up in the morning and drive to work like a fool. The Sound of Sliver just happened to be playing in the stereo which I paid no attention until NY I Love You came on. The " Like a death in the hall that you hear through your wall" line happened and I had to pull over and have a bit of a cry.
I did go to work, but didn’t stay long.

So for a long time that song put me right back in the car that morning, and it usually happened at LCD gigs, cause that was the only place I heard it.

I’m ok with it these days, it’s a good song, but I could do without it in the live set.

9 Likes

fucking hell, fair dos mate

1 Like

They started with Beat Connection at the show on Wednesday, first time they’d played it in fifteen years. It allows me to name drop a bit and say that when i met James and the band, one of the things i talked to him about was them not playing that track anymore. I love that one, first thing i ever heard by them; on an XFM mix by Adamski of all people! James explained that there were other songs he felt better captured that same vibe, they’d done things which had improved upon the same idea i guess, so it had become surplus to requirements. Nice to see he’s changed his mind a bit and brought it back.

3 Likes

Lovely song to have as their walk-on :grinning:

1 Like

Aaah no way, I love Beat Connection. Hope their festival sets next year keep the surprise element

1 Like