🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Led Zeppelin

Beyonce and Bruce Springsteen

1 Like

The Supremes. I know they have some classic singles but kind of amazed people know them beyond a hand full of songs.

I like The Cure but was surprised by that too.

1 Like

I see you @Rarity, saying your prayers. Quoting your John 3:16. Well Aggpass 3.16 says I just whupped your ass

4 Likes

Think The Cure have the right combo of a lot of people who really like them, and the people who don’t tend to be unarsed rather than actively disliking them. Can’t imagine they got many 1s in comparison to a lot of others.

4 Likes

I’m surprised lots of people are surprised about The Cure. They’re a big guitar band with plenty to appeal to a number of DiS demographics and have a decent number of classic albums and high charting singles under their belt. On a board that’s traditionally been guitar/indie dominated I’d have always thought they would be held in high regard?

145 people voted too, so it’s a good turnout :man_shrugging:

In terms of anomalies for me, Kanye, Jay-Z and Bruce are all too low - Aretha, Otis and ABBA are too high. The rest I can live with.

4 Likes

Springsteen too low, Blink 182 not low enough

No fucking way are Led Zep better than Mercury. They’re not even better than Pluto, and Pluto is not even a fucking planet. Smelling my hands at the lot of you.

3 Likes

Is it gunna be crj. I’m going to go off. Want to do double time during the cricket

Nope.

Sort it the fuck out maaaate

hint: they don’t

1 Like

A handful of songs with huge cultural impact and memories via all kinds of things vs say Basement Jaxx with one song I recall that annoyed me.

I didn’t vote on either but my point is that The Supremes have a big effect on us even if we only know a few tracks.

Edit - may also have been a lower vote number and I genuinely think very few people will have a negative feeling about their songs, unlike LZ here where a number of users are voting 1 or 2

Which is something I hadn’t realised hence I found it surprising. It’s a great thing about these threads, or just you know talking to people who have diverse music taste.

1 Like

An abiding memory of my late teens was going to a friends house where he and his mates just played all the Led Zeppelin albums and enthused about how good they were. I couldn’t identify a tune in any of it and hated it. Quite like the carefully sifted ‘Best of’ compilations, but it does show they did an awful lot of old toss.

Listening to how the west was won, well good

2 Likes