đŸŽ” How Good Are They Really đŸŽ” Led Zeppelin

3/5. The reason Mojo magazine exists.

3 Likes

Robert Plant is a Wolves fan.

5/5

Ugh. 1/5

You’d probably recognise loads of bits of their songs just because they’ve been used incessantly on so many tv shows and films over the years. One of their songs was used as the theme for Top Of The Pops for a very long time.

they were a good band.

2 Likes

5/5. Fucking love Zep. Just an incredibly great, powerful band (listen to that bottom end on ‘When The Levee Breaks’). And so versatile - for all their pounding rawk-isms I love their more pastoral ‘Zep III’ or ‘Going To California’ type stuff.

5 Likes

God I hate Robert Plant’s voice. And lyrics.

1 Like

That scene 5/5, the film: 4/5.

Maybe this thread’s derail should be complete personal rankings of all MCU films? I’d fucking plumb that.

1 Like

Different derail that.

Back to led zep

4 Likes

You’re with me that Puff Daddy’s “Come With Me” is a better version of Kasmir than LZ’s original is? Cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought we’d agreed that from now on in these threads lover=plumber thus love=plumb? You know, just to keep it more intimate and personal.

1 Like

Do think I could ever say I love them, but when they’re good, they’re very good. III/IV/PG are three cracking albums. Crazy to think how many of their songs have become crossover hits when they’ve never released a single in the UK (*might need to check this)

1 Like
  • Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
  • Puff Daddy’s cover of Kashmir from the Godzilla soundtrack feat. Jimmy Page “Come With Me”

0 voters

Sure, why not?

Sounds like a particularly grim euphemism though. Mind you, it is Thursday.

1 Like

Gonna preemptively mute the thread. Here’s some zep. Bye.

7 Likes

It’s probably a slightly unfair 1/5 as I’ve only ever really heard them on 6music and on film soundtracks etc. But they’re one of those bands that just set my teeth on edge. Like:

DMMMM DMMMMM DMMMM widdly guitar solo
DMMMM DMMMMM DMMMM widdlier guitar solo
DMMMM DMMMMM DMMMM
“GIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRLLLLL”

or something like that. Whole Lotta Love is in my bottom 10 songs of all time.

1 Like

Maybe it fucking shouldn’t.

1 Like

I’m obviously not going to watch that.