šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Les Savy Fav

This is the best live footage Iā€™ve found

Raging in the Plague Age is one of my absolute favourites

6 Likes

Just put Latā€™s Stay Friends on for the first time in many years. Letā€™s see if theyā€™re still a 5.

3 Likes

Going for a 4/5 until I see them live NEXT WEEK.

Love everything from The Cat And The Cobra until Letā€™s Stay Friends. Half of Root For Ruin is disappointing, half of it is really good.

Used to get very drunk and sing this a lot.

This post paid for by PROF$.

7 Likes

3.5/5 for their recorded stuff, a million out of 5 as a live band. Think that averages to a 5.

3 Likes

theyā€™re back??

Prima baby

Yep.

2 Likes

Primavera OH YEAH! I might even see them twice!

This Post Paid For By PROF$

3 Likes

was only ever really a singles band for me, would just stick on Patty Lee, Year 2000, Je Tā€™Aime, Sweat Descends etc. But I loved the rush of those and how theyā€™d just take-off full of energy. Listening to the albums now as a result of Prima and vv pumped for them to be my first act of the festival basically - what a good time thatā€™ll be. And only heard raves about them as a live act

Surprised they never seem to play anything off 3/5 any more as it has a good few of what I would have thought were fan fav tracks. Since none are in the singles list, sticking these couple in the thread as my favs

SKIPS WORK, AND GET FIIIRED

1 Like

and letā€™s get @shes_so_high in here?

1 Like

homer simpson GIF

2 Likes

It was an amazing show :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Easy 5, played with them once at Bedford Esquires and Tim once came to that DiS show at Notting Hill Arts Club and he and they are lovely dudes, as well as a fantastic live act to boot!

Didnā€™t the drummer go on to be in LCD Soundsystemā€™s band for a bit?

1 Like

Guy in the live vid posted above is stealing peopleā€™s beer and thatā€™s not cool in the slightest. -1
Lumpy indie riffs everyone has heard before many times before -1

2/5 no need

Funnest live band ever, obviously. (and a 5 just for that)

3 Likes

Just an amazing song, and from 45 seconds on made me realise they were way more than just another ā€˜punkā€™ band

2 Likes

ffs

1 Like

For the first time in an HGATR thread my response is genuinelyā€¦ ā€œWho?ā€

What sort of stuff am I missing? Have a 2 hour drive home after clinic in West Wales this afternoon. Might check them out if itā€™s my sort of thing.

oh, didnā€™t realise Pat Mahoney used to be in LSF. heā€™s still in LCD.

1 Like

shouty post-punk iā€™d say, but more in the riffy catchy vein rather than the slower dour elements