šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Madonna

Yes!!! I never appreciated LAP as much as I shouldā€™ve because of the over-long dance break bit, itā€™s only since hearing the proper version that I have fully embraced it

Always felt like i should like her more than i actually do given how much stuff i like thatā€™s inspired by her
Got into ray of light recently though and thatā€™s a good album, seems like her 90s stuff is where itā€™s at. need to dive deeper ?/5

Loads of songs on The Immaculate Collection are different mixes/versions from the original. Contractual thing, I think.

Absolutely terrible 1/5

Went to play this on Spotify the other day, and all the songs seemed to be shit club versions. Had to revert to my ripped copy of the original release. Canā€™t understand why that version isnā€™t available on Spots.

got a lot of time for this song

2 Likes

makes me want to go to prom

So yeah, sheā€™s a 4 for me. That run of singles on the Immaculate Collection brings unbridled joy. Just an astonishing run of great songs. Like A Prayer being one of the all time great pop bangers. But I have no interest in anything she has done since. What I have heard just borders on embarrassing.

Not that familiar with her albums but will frequently listen to True Blue and Like A Prayer. Both are quite, quite brilliant.

does anybody like the song Something to Remember? I do.

Hung Up is really good isnā€™t it

8 Likes

Definitely slow danced with someone at a school disco to this. See also: Glenn Medieros - Nothingā€™s Gonna Change My Love For You.

4 Likes

Yes, yes it is.

Itā€™s real good, op

Borderline is a legitimately great song.

A handful of others from the 80s are pretty good.

Justify My Love, Frozen and Ray of Light are ok.

Everything else is pretty awful.

ahahahaha

so so shit that it completely negates anything done before or after.

hahahahahaha

3 Likes

I donā€™t think sheā€™s a very good singer and Iā€™m not really impressed by ā€œreinventionā€

2 Likes

Was going to post something in the same vein as this.

https://twitter.com/mrmichaelspicer/status/532818791169011712?lang=en

16 Likes

Confessions is great, I havenā€™t really bothered with anything since then.

Even when she was good she wasnā€™t THAT good
2/5

1 Like