🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Miley Cyrus

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

She has a great voice and seems cool but I have no interest in her music.

1 Like

Not hugely fussed but midnight sky is a colossal tune.

Was the rest of the album like that? Could get on board with an album of Miley 80’s bangers

I think that Miley might be the artist that timestamps the last job I had when the radio was played regularly in the background. It sounds like bs, considering her apparent ubiquity, but I’ve never knowingly heard any of her music. Apart from the Head Like a Hole cover she did for Black Mirror - which was quite cool (and seemed to piss off a lot of basement-dwelling chuds). She seems alright though, like.

Abstain/5

We Can’t Stop is a massive banger. Remember the summer it came out having it on every party playlist. Great memories.

I find her friendship with Wayne Coyne incredibly creepy.

5/5

1 Like

Massively underrated artist. Admittedly her lyrics can be shocking for the sake of it sometimes, but my girlfriend’s a big fan of hers and the number of songs that she’s put on that I’m like “Who is this!?” is pretty ridiculous at some point. Can’t blame her cynicism based on the weird life she’s no doubt lived and the personal impact that would have. I feel like she’d have so much more respect than she has if it weren’t for her (a) Family background (b) Child stardom and, of course (c) having the audacity to be a woman.

Sure she’s inconsistent, but I love the fact that she seems to be willing to push herself and try new things without consideration of whether or not her fanbase comes with her.

Solid 4.

8 Likes

She’s ok, a handful of good singles really.

I like this cover a lot

4 Likes

She’s great probably just a properly great album away from a 5

Always loved this cover

And Dead Petz is the best post Yoshimi Flaming Lips album

1 Like

Never knowingly heard her.

Miley’s great. Big fan of Dead Petz, Younger Now and Plastic Hearts which are all really fantastic and varied records, playing around with whatever style / genre Miley is into at the time.

Think Younger Now is probably my favourite, mainly because its release was closely tied to the start of my current relationship but also because it’s a really positive and uplifting record, one where I feel Miley is at her most comfortable. Its soundtracked many road trips and car singalongs. Dead Petz is a bit of a wild sprawl with all sorts of ideas being thrown about. And Plastic Hearts is just pure fun 80s throwback and heard the singles a lot on the radio over the past year which were always very welcome mood boosters.

Some favourite tracks:

4 Likes

No idea. Only know Wrecking Ball and I really don’t like it.

Larry David was on Hannah Montana once

Yeah pretty much. This is on it too and is very good

3 Likes

Party in the USA is great

3 Likes

Saw her at the O2. An absolutely batshit massively over the top extravaganza. She had a fifty foot inflatable dog that shot lasers from its eyes just for one song. An easy 5.

9 Likes

She’s ace. Her after Kylie the other year in the raging sun at Glastonbury - including Led Zep, Metallica and NIN covers - was the most rock n roll thing I saw all weekend tbh by quite some margin.

After her childhood it’s really nice to see her find herself and emerge from that whole environment well. I’d hang out with Miley in a heartbeat

4 Likes

This is gonna be one of those threads that’s full of praise but ends up with a 2.25 or something I reckon.

4 Likes
1 Like

I was really hoping for this sort of thing when she did Primavera but it was a more straight up rock show. Still great, mind.

Miley gets a 4 for moi. This is great, I’m not crying you’re crying.

7 Likes

that is a nice cover of one of my favourite dylan tracks. :+1:

1 Like