🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 My Chemical Romance

I suppose, for a brief moment, that it did.

3 Likes

Going to be honest here, ‘I’m Not Okay’ is a fucking banger, 100%.

After that I could only sing you the title track from The Black Parade though. Looked up the singles from that album and I could not hum a note, even though I heard them daily on MTV. That’s not a good sign.

You must know Teenagers?

Just had a listen there for the first time in thirteen years I’d say. I know it but could not have recalled it in a million years.

Not on the Black Parade

3 Likes

Slipknot!!! The other one was Slipknot. I’m p sure I was in Slipknot or Limpbizkit.

3 Likes

i would fucking love to hear him try though :grimacing: :laughing:

6 Likes

Bet he could

They said he could never do “Here Comes Santa Claus” too

2 Likes

you do make a damn good point :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t encourage him. He reads the boards you know.

1 Like

*reeeeeeyds theerrr beeeerrds yeeer kneeeew

1 Like

life ambition: go on a long car journey with some of the DiS emo crew and listen to hours and hours of top quality emo while screaming along joyfully

Emo clicks with a lot of teenagers cos emo is over the top and melodramatic, and when you’re a teenager EVERYTHING IN LIFE is over the top and melodramatic.

The Black Parade was taking emo and dialling it up to 11 by crossblending with Queen, who were an ott theatrical band already. End result was pushing the emo genre as far as it could’ve ever gone, as melodramatic and ott as was possible, ergo it killed emo as a commercially successful movement.

No surprise that so many teenagers really connected with them.

3 Likes

Does it sound as Quo as 30 seconds into this?

3 Likes

and basically any old blues/rock n roll song?

never heard of Helena until they announced their reunion last year or whenever it was and everyone was talking about this song all of a sudden like it was the most famous thing they’ve ever done. not entirely convinced it actually exists.

teenagers is an acdc song

2 Likes

i did not

1 Like

This is the best Helena anyway

it’s not really, but I have a big soft spot for it.

4 Likes

misfits are owed a huge cheque from mcr on the whole really, just an extremely watered down version of their music really

3 Likes