đŸŽ” How Good Are They Really đŸŽ” Nirvana #SSP

@anon19035908

4 Likes

The HIRS collective side of the split with Thou is great also for a high energy run through of not so obvious nirvana tunes. (Aneurysm is particularly great) cut with some audio from live tonight sold out.

1 Like

way to make me feel old :sob:

4 Likes
1 Like

other: Dive

1 Like

I was 14 when Nevermind came out and along with Pearl Jam’s Ten, they are the two most important records in shaping what I listen to even now. Don’t really ever want to hear Smells Like Teen Spirit again, y’know, but that’s because it’s almost become Living On A Prayer/Sweet Child of Mine/Summer of 69 wedding heritage rock, not because it is bad. 5/5.

1 Like

Nevermind was the first album I learned to play on the drums and will always be a big injection of nostalgia directly into my veins.

Went with 4

Absolute 5/5 for me, Clive. Sounds very precious but I’ve only just recently been able to listen to Nirvana again as I was so heavily into it throughout my teenage high-school and college years and it’s hard listening to them without taking me back to the useless little prick I was back then.

Whatever the thoughts on ‘grunge’ and ‘slackers’ it turned me on to so many left-wing issues (homophobia, sexism, racism etc) and it’s only as the years have gone by I realise just how much it shaped my worldview.

I also did my very first sex while listening to Bleach. (“Twenty-eight I was”, etc
)

6 Likes

love the idea that your answer to the question ‘describe your first time using only one word’ could be ‘bleach’

1 Like

training-day ice-breakers have got even more uncomfortable

2 Likes

i liked the smiley face logo
which bands have good logos nowadays?

All the black metal ones.

Always felt that Gorillaz’s one summed up the whole aesthetic of what they’re doing really well.

I was about 8-9 when Nirvana were really big and I HAAAATED them, thought they were awful. Rolled my eyes when Kurt died, etc. Too busy dreaming about marrying Mark Owen or whatever

Felt really bad a few years later when I properly got into grunge and realised he was a genius and the other two were a GBOL :sob: my friend at school was completely obsessed and I remember we went to the nirvana photography exhibition in London which was really cool

1 Like

Party Cannon

Rxyau8v

19 Likes

obligatory shout out to party cannon

8 Likes

oh ffs

3 Likes

Party Cannon DENIED

2 Likes

2 out of 5. Important at the time, as aged badly and In Utero has always been terrible, with Frances Farmer being the only good track on it.

The B side to Teen Spirit was the best thing they ever did.

yeah, thinking about it, of the first 4 cassettes I bought on the day mentioned up thread:

everyone used to have one.

1 Like