🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Otis Redding

Just depends on initial impression I guess and how inspired you are to dig deeper. Obviously I’d heard SOTDOTB a million times but then My Lover’s Prayer was in the The Sopranos and I really loved his voice in that song so investigated a bit further. I’ve never gone into albums either with Otis but he’s very much a singles artist, from an era of singles artists I think.

The range in his voice is unbelievable! One of those artists that you can just stick on and enjoy no matter what your mood is. Otis Blue or Dock of the Bay are my usual go to’s. Those live recordings in Europe and at The Whiskey A Go Go sound like they were immensely fun nights.

2 Likes

Didn’t realise quite how many absolute tunes he had

1 Like

Such a weird take… no stranger than me listening to parliament funkadelic, Curtis or Marvin :confused:

15 Likes

Stone cold 5. First musical memories are of soul compilations and Otis was top tier. Reaffirmed by listening to all of …Sings Soul for all of Friday afternoon.

1 Like

5/5. One of the best voices ever (Up there with Marvin Gaye).

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s up there with his ‘contemporaries’ tbh.

Brilliant at covers

Just not 100% keen for some reason. I’d give Sam Cooke a million out of ten though so maybe I’m biased.

1 Like

None of you are fit to lace RiRi’s stiletto pumps :triumph:

2 Likes

You’d be spot on with that score.

Otis
Marvin
Sam
Al Green

Rank that

1 Like

enjoy otis at redding

12 Likes

Curtis
Bobby Womack
Levi Stubbs

Chuck them in there too just to complicate things.

1 Like

Stigers? If we’re including him then you have to throw in Michael Bolton too
:+1:

1 Like

:joy:

Sam
Marvin
Al
Otis

Sorry.

1 Like

reckon marv’s the only one with a shot