🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 OutKast

hgatr

Hello! Let’s do a Monday morning round of HGATR shall we?

First, the table. Disappointed really, I’d have loved The Supremes to top the list.

Artist Rating
David Bowie 4.31
Nirvana 4.15
The Supremes 4.13
Kate Bush 4.07
Beyoncé 3.54
Bob Marley & The Wailers 3.48

Today’s HGATR is OutKast

What do we think of OutKast then?

0 voters

Best album

• Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
  • ATLiens
  • Aquemini
  • Stankonia
  • Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
  • Idlewild

0 voters

Best single

• Player’s Ball
  • Elevators
  • ATLiens
  • Rosa Parks
  • B.O.B
  • Ms. Jackson
  • So Fresh, So Clean
  • The Whole World
  • Hey Ya!
  • The Way You Move
  • Roses
  • GhettoMusick
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

One of those artists where I absolutely love what I’ve heard, but haven’t ever investigated further back than Stankonia or beyond Speakerboxxx… I had Stankonia on a tape and played it to death I remember that much. Haven’t really released a duff single either.

2 Likes

The coolest motherfuckers on the planet.

(I’m giving a 5 as everything I’ve heard has been excellent and I’m assuming that the rest is good too)

4 Likes

Absolutely fucking banging, they’ve got so many more great songs than just the ones you remember, easy 5/5 from me Kev

1 Like

Remember when Polaroid had to issue a warning for people not to shake their pictures too much after Hey Ya! came out? That was fun.

5/5 still so disappointed they didn’t play Primavera when they came back for that tour.

greatest duo of all time

4 Likes

I guess I missed the Supremes. Don’t forget the tags in future @Funkhouser !!!

Looking at this list I literally only know 2 tracks so I won’t be voting but I’ll try to check out their back catalogue.

cooler than a polar bear’s toenails

4 Likes

Oops sorry. It was quite active over the weekend, thought you’d have spotted it! I’ll never let it happen again!

1 Like

I’ve been away for a bit, what’s all this talking about music stuff?

1 Like

Really should end up topping the current rankings if there’s any justice

3 Likes

Solid gold. Roses was the first ever single I bought (of about 5, to be fair) but only discovered their older stuff in my late teens. Lyrically absolutely fantastic. Bit gutted I don’t remember much of their performance at Bestival, although I can vivdly picture my best pal and I having a whale of a time.

These threads are doing a great job of making me go “huh I haven’t listened to ____ in ages, that’s my listening sorted for today” so thanks for that Funkman.

4 Likes

biggest 5 so far for me. those first 4 records are an incredible run

3 Likes

Just Listened to a bit of Stankonia on the way to work and changed my song vote to Ms. Jackson because well it’s fucking wonderful.

4 Likes
  • Great
  • Fine
  • Awful

0 voters

Anybody who hasn’t voted correctly yet this is fucking amazing