🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 OutKast

Just remembered this song too. Definitely gonna listen to outkast all day tomorrow

1 Like

I covered it in my first post though

Is there anything more joyous and incomprehensible than Nutmeg?!

BREAK IT DOWN.

1 Like

here’s a gift for your heart young xylo, some rare frankie

if there’s ever one of these threads for Frank Ocean I’d like moderator status for the day

3 Likes

And summed it up perfectly with it.

@anon19035908 What would be really cool is a public Spotify playlist which has the most popular song by each artist in HGATR, as voted for by the board (or maybe the top 3 so there’s more for people to get their teeth into, esp if they don’t know the artist that well?)

1 Like

3-5 per artist would be great. Maybe some sort of split poll for singles and album tracks so it’s not just the 3 most well known ones for every artist

6 Likes

could be cool if one track gets added to the playlist based solely off someone posting about it and starting a bit of a discussion. comb the thread and find 1 that’s had a lot of likes or set people off in a positive way. would further encourage some decent chat

2 Likes

20190429_224647

2 Likes

Genuinely though, in some ways I love that album more than anything I’ve heard in years. It’s just overflowing with ideas and the sheer joy of rapping. Will listen to it on our PA with a few drinks this weekend.

1 Like

Yeah happy to do this. I’ll get it sorted for before the next one. @Aggpass I’m happy for people to post polls etc and I’ll take tracks from it, I just stick to singles cause it’s easier really.

1 Like

Oh aye I think the polls for best track is fine just being singles. But nice to have a couple more niche (wrong word maybe) choices in a playlist innit

1 Like

I’ll pick a couple from the ones so far that have been discussed in the threads.

3 Likes

We’d all to do well to start more sentences by shouting ‘AIYO’ either way…

(It’s fucking amazing, nobody should be shoehorning an appalling karaoke version of Nightshift into the middle of one of their tunes with some retconned lyrics about biggie and pac and actually get away with it. It’s just total joy hearing him on peak form)

Ah, don’t let it. I can’t stand that record either, but their first two albums are amongst my favourite rap albums ever.

Here you go! The top 3 for each one plus two tracks that have been discussed in the thread. Oh plus an extra treat for you and @kermitwormit at the end!

8 Likes

yessss :smiley: thank you!!

1 Like

That run from Kate Bush through to outkast is pure dynamite

1 Like

Yeah it’s good isn’t it! Don’t know what to do about the ones on the list that won’t score highly or be popular really. I guess there’s no harm in adding the songs that are voted highly for every artist rather than choosing to leave some off.

2 Likes

Just about to go in and listen. Those early album covers, man!

2 Likes