šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Panic! At The Disco

Havenā€™t listened to much of them but I got hooked on that one Beatles-y single northern downpour a while back

1.5 tho prob. Fall out Boy did it better.

Iā€™ve seen Kendrick Lamar three times. Heā€™s fucking brilliant live, but last time he played he was on straight after Panic, and frankly he was very lacklustre by comparison.

Couldnā€™t even get one post in without the old ā€˜hardly know any of their music - crap/scoreā€™

4 Likes

gnomey logging on to kick all your asses

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

13 Likes

Iā€™m legit scared of her

Iā€™ve heard they put on a great show, id love to see them honestly.

I used to love A Feverā€¦ but never really bothered with any of the others. I like the odd single Iā€™ve heard and that song he did with Taylor Swift is great. Now I am listening to A Fever You Canā€™t Sweat Out for the first time in years at work and having a lovely time. Might put one of the others on after this. 5/5. I donā€™t care.

1 Like

4 for me

Absolutely obsessed with them around the first two albums, both absolutely amazing. Third one also really good, not on the same level as the first two but I still listen to it a lot. Not really jived with them as much since then, still enjoy them but not really like the old stuff.

Their version of Into The Unknown from Frozen 2 is on heavy rotation for me at all times.

Also very poggers live show the 4ish times I saw them in first three albums era, can only imagine theyā€™ve stepped it up since then.

3 Likes

Like all their contemporaries, deeply annoying. 1/5.

Donā€™t think thatā€™s really fair, they said they were familiar with one album, didnā€™t love it, but specifically called out a song they liked.

If we have to wait for a certain threshold of positive posts before negatives, or need to know the discography inside out before posting an opinion, these would be much less interesting threads.

Anyway the meta-commentary on these threads is always circuitous and I shouldnā€™t engage with it, Iā€™ve shared my PATD thoughts and score and look forward to reading everyone elseā€™s.

1 Like

Theyā€™re of the same era as a load of the emo/pop-punk stuff of course and share a similar naming convention and image but the actual music is pretty different. Way poppier and less punky. Itā€™s a lazy comparison to say ā€œoh yeah, same as My Chemical Romance and thatā€

7 Likes

you canā€™t blame people for making lazy comparisons about a song called The Only Difference Between Matyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage

2 Likes

This reads to me as saying they only know the first album and they arenā€™t even very familiar with that. It canā€™t be a comparison of the others if they havenā€™t listenedā€¦

2 Likes

Ah sorry youā€™re right, I read it as ā€œthat is shakyā€ referring to the album quality.

1 Like

His version of Into the Unknown which they play in the credits of Frozen II genuinely goes toe to toe with Menzel. He could definitely do Broadway.

6 Likes

Course you can. If people are making comparisons without actually listening to the songs or band in question then theyā€™re silly imo.

if you donā€™t like music why would you listen to more of it? I canā€™t imagine anyone listens to music they donā€™t like out of an academic exercise

the name of the song and the look of the artist is part of their work, usually itā€™s good shorthand for whether you will like it or not

Maybe if youā€™re incredibly judgmental and close-minded.