šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Pavement

Those re-issues had amazing booklets, wish I took better care of them.

2 Likes

Never hesitate

2 Likes

Same. I also have the 5 main albums on vinyl anyway

1 Like

Were the original deluxe editions this expensive?, I was much poorer when they came out so didnā€™t pay much attention

2xCD is ā‚¬19.50 on the Matador site, the previous reissues didnā€™t come out on vinyl.

They did eventually. Actually BTC deluxe had a limited vinyl at release

1 Like

Slantedā€¦, Crooked Rainā€¦ and Wowee Zowee never did. Forgot about the BTC one but I would just never buy these deluxe versions on vinyl. Too cumbersome.

1 Like

ahh I assumed they all got vinyl reissues. Was just wondering if 75-80 quid was the norm but it seems not if its the only one released as vinyl. Cheers

1 Like
13 Likes

Good article. Have always had a soft spot for Terror Twilight.

8 Likes

Enjoyed this. I hadnā€™t previously noticed that the reissue is going with a different tracklisting.

Itā€™s only the vinyl I think. The CD still has the original track list for some reason!

1 Like

despite my huge love for them, I never really gave Terror Twilight a fair shot. Must have listened once or twice but thatā€™s about. Good opportunity to reassess and do a deep dive!

quite fun when you realise you somehow have (probably good-to-very-good) unheard of material from a fav band still to ā€œdiscoverā€

Itā€™s an underrated album - I donā€™t think it helped that they were already on downers about it, and the band in general by the time it came out.

The remastering opens up the sound nicely on some of the tracks.

The revised tracklisting is weird though - kicking off with Platform Blues and The Hexx kills the flow for me. PB is a mid album track every time. The Hexx is up there with their best, but was perfect as this intense slow building epic and penultimate track before the fun/silly final release of Carrot Rope.

hmm will go check it on the original order then, and use the new order as the alternate version everyone else will treat it as

Really enjoyed Goderich admitting he didnā€™t know the drummers name, but trying to say it wasnā€™t in an arseholish way

3 Likes

Think Terror Twilight was my second PAvement album. Love it as much as any of the others these days

Iā€™ve heard this album about a million times, so I accept thereā€™s a possibility that familiarity is in part making the reshuffle sound off to me?

Iā€™m going to make a playlist to put back into original run order because I really like the remaster. Terror Twilight was all about guitar tones, open space and reverb and the update makes tracks like Speak, See, Remember sound incredible!

1 Like

Just posting to emphasise the greatness of Speak, Seeā€¦ so lush and dreamy towards the end. Itā€™s one of my favourite Pavement tracks.

Looking forward to listening to this later

2 Likes

Just looking at the top of the thread where the votes are at for favourite album / singleā€¦ thatā€™s one of the nicest / diverse distribution of votes across a discography I think Iā€™ve seen on a HGATR.

3 Likes