🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Prince

I’m not sure if you’re trying to goad an Akira style explosion here or not. Do you have financial interests that would be served by my Collins rage leveling South Wales?

I was unaware of this hulk/tetsuo-like foible of yours. Do tell?

…and please don’t level South Wales. All my stuff is there.

It’s quite simple - so long as I pretend Phil Collins doesn’t exist we’re all safe. Whenever I’m reminded of his existence and of that fucking drum sound there’s a good chance my body will choose to expand exponentially outwards in protest. And then, well, may god have mercy on us all.

Nice try Putin, you won’t get me to take out the UK for you that easily.

2 Likes

Found out literally yesterday that Maya Rudolph - actress and daughter of Minnie Ripperton - is in a Prince covers band called PrinceSS along with D’Angelo

2 Likes

SORRY WHAT
(checks internet:)
Turns out she’s basically the product of the song Loving You.

Richard Rudolph began composing “Lovin’ You” in 1971, while he and Riperton were living in Chicago. The couple later moved to Florida, where work on the song continued after their daughter Maya was born in 1972. Riperton developed the final melody, while Rudolph wrote the lyrics and the bridge.

1 Like

at the end of the song you can hear he go’Maya, Maya’ cause she was crying in the studio or something

2 Likes

indeed, the inspiration too

Really? :thinking:

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/1141590251040731136?s=19

Oh shit, they’re waiting, better think of an answer.

So glad they’re waiting.

doesn’t Sean do the 6 music tweets?

Name someone else who could do it. I’ll wait.

2 Likes

1000 monkeys at 1000 laptops.

Just to be really clear, I’m not having a pop at Sean here, just that style of tweeting irks me. I’m sure it works wonders for engagement, which is the point of it, so fair play.

On account of The Cure being better, yes.

2 Likes