šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Queens Of The Stone Age

I donā€™t know how they didnā€™t burst out laughing with this performance on Popworld

2 Likes

I got listening to them back in '99 after Billy Corgan said that they were ā€œbest band aroundā€ I saw 'em loads of times up until 2003 (like everyone else) then they just dropped off. The next time I saw them was when they played s/t in full as the Roundhouse. I didnā€™t listen to any of Joshā€™s other bands, but I did see him and Nick play in the Masters of Reality band with Chris Goss supporting Mark Lanegan at the Mean Fiddler. The Iggy Pop ā€œPost Pop Depressionā€ gig at the Royal Albert Hall was one of the best gigs ever.

A band that Iā€™ve heard a few songs from but have never listened to an album.

The songs Iā€™ve heard have good riffs but the vocals just donā€™t excite me. They always feels like a less good Soundgarden or something.

Iā€™ll give rated r a go though

I think youā€™ll enjoy it more than you think, itā€™s certainly their best album.

2 Likes

yes really enjoying this!

3 Likes

Songs For The Deaf blew me away immediately. Still one of my favourite ā€˜rockā€™ albums of all time.

1 Like

A couple of very good albums (Rated, Deaf) the rest is very mediocre with the odd belter thrown in. 3 max.

Songs For The Deaf and Rated R are good enough to make it a 4 overall. The albums following them certainly arenā€™t bad though and still have some riffs.

Music Week today had a big article about how good it is for festival season that fully vaccinated US artists can travel here. Does this then suggest QOTSA are anti-vaxxers? Because I wouldnā€™t be surprised

I expect itā€™s because of European crew but I wouldnā€™t rule your explanation out either!

1 Like

Why wouldnā€™t you be surprised?

Urgh - just saw this on the DiS Facebook feed. Anyone remotely surprised?

CW for domestic violence:

Sadly not. One of those people who have had unsubstantiated stories circling around them for ages but nothing concrete. There was the story about him booting the photographer in the head of course; seems like a very angry man with a drinking problem. History of being friends with confirmed scumbags like Oliveri and Jesse Hughes too; not to invoke the guilt by association fallacy but you have to be a Sort to bro down with people like that donā€™t you

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s pretty shite innit

CW domestic violence

Christ heā€™s a fucking piece of shit

3 Likes

I legit recently had someone argue ā€œoh she abuses him too!ā€ Recently, which is like, ok, your point being? Do you believe that and that it makes it ok?

1 Like

S/t getting a reissue at long last

2 Likes

sweet, the only one other than the split with kyuss worth having on vinylā€¦

5 Likes