🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Radiohead

Here we go then. It was bound to happen at some point so why not now?

Here’s the table, and a genuinely surprising 4.07 for OutKast

Artist Rating
David Bowie 4.31
Nirvana 4.15
The Supremes 4.13
OutKast 4.07
Kate Bush 4.07
Beyoncé 3.54
Bob Marley & The Wailers 3.48

So let’s do it shall we. HGATR: Radiohead

0 voters

Also, I’m going to do polls for albums and singles as usual, and the top 3 voted singles will go on the Spotify playlist, along with 2 other songs discussed in the thread, so feel free to state your case for why your favourite should be included. Now let’s all play nicely shall we.

Best album. Let’s settle this once and for all

• Pablo Honey
  • The Bends
  • OK Computer
  • Kid A
  • Amnesiac
  • I Might Be Wrong
  • Hail To The Thief
  • In Rainbows
  • The King Of Limbs
  • A Moon Shaped Pool

0 voters

5, cheers

3 Likes

Best single

• Creep
  • Anyone Can Play Guitar
  • My Iron Lung
  • High And Dry/Planet Telex
  • Fake Plastic Trees
  • Just
  • Street Spirit
  • Paranoid Android
  • Karma Police
  • Lucky
  • No Surprises
  • Pyramid Song
  • Knives Out
  • There There
  • Go To Sleep
  • 2+2=5
  • Jigsaw Falling Into Place
  • Nude
  • Reckoner
  • Lotus Flower
  • The Daily Mail
  • Burn The Witch
  • Daydreaming

0 voters

5 - my favourite band of all time. Ok Comupter and Kid A are both top 10 of all time for me. And the latter was also a hugely important avenue into electronica for me.

17 Likes

who?

7 Likes

:open_mouth: SHENNNANIGANS

Radiohead then. I love In Rainbows and Ok Computer. Never really got into their other albums. 4/5

1 Like

Should we move this to the Radiohead forum?

4 Likes

They’re probably the best of all the bands

1 Like

Not as good as Friends

My favourite band.

All of the albums are a minimum of 8/10 except Pablo Honey. Yes, King of Limbs is an 8/10

Kid A, Amnesiac, In Rainbows and OK Computer are all on a par for me.

I love them, I love Thom Yorke’s solo stuff, I love Colin Greenwood’s aura. Best band

12 Likes

They’re honestly okay. A bit lame though.

OK Computer is pretty bad

And I always call it OK Cupid by mistake - annoying.

3 Likes

Pretty good. Don’t often feel a need to revisit them. Think I got into them too late, after my instinctive love for things teenage stage, more into my 20-something wanting to appreciate things more intellectually stage, when much less stuff stuck.

2 Likes

Also damn you funkhouser I’m not gonna be able to join in on this one as much as I’d like to.

Weird Fishes should be on the playlist, it is genius and one of the best songs ever written. As I’ve said before I can’t articulate my thoughts on music (or most anything) so you’ll just have to trust me.

7 Likes

Pablo Honey - 2
The Bends - 3
Ok Computer - 4
Kid A - 4
Amnesiac - 3
Hail to the Thief - 4
In Rainbows - 5
The King of Limbs - 2
A Moon Shaped Pool - 3

I don’t listen to them all that often and am largely over them now after my cliché period as a teenager and at uni where all I’d talk about and listen to was them.

But, they’re objectively fucking brilliant. In Rainbows will always have a place in my top 10, it’s near enough a perfect album. 5/5, cheers.

1 Like

^this

2 Likes

The Bends was one of the first CDs I ever bought and it was love at first listen. Got properly obsessed around OK Computer and went to the Big Top show for Kid A which was genuinely astonishing. Kid A and Amnesiac were my gateway into a whole new world of electronic music. HTTT was a bit of a dip and my interest waned a little but In Rainbows is in my top 10 of all time and I see it as the culmination almost of everything they’d done up til then.

In all honestly, TKOL and AMSP leave me cold, it’s just not really for me, doesn’t click. But for that 10-12 years they were my favourite band, and it has to be a 5.

I’ve picked Fake Plastic Trees ahead of Reckoner for best single purely based on seeing it at Glastonbury 2003, a truly jaw dropping, wonderful moment to be part of. I’ll nominate Talk Show Host and Let Down for the playlist, and maybe True Love Waits.

5 Likes