🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Rihanna

Morning! Let’s get straight on with one.

Here is the table, and Oasis, somewhat surprisingly, take their place at the bottom

Artist Rating
Aretha Franklin 4.64
David Bowie 4.31
The Cure 4.28
Stevie Wonder 4.17
Nirvana 4.15
Radiohead 4.13
The Supremes 4.13
Kate Bush 4.07
OutKast 4.07
Portishead 4.03
Joni Mitchell 3.89
Bruce Springsteen 3.84
Blondie 3.73
ABBA 3.66
Kanye West 3.65
Beyoncé 3.54
Bob Marley & The Wailers 3.48
Jay-Z 3.14
The Rolling Stones 3.09
The Strokes 3.03
Girls Aloud 2.93
Britney Spears 2.85
Oasis 2.71

So today let’s talk about Rihanna

HGATR

0 voters

Album

• Music Of The Sun
  • A Girl Like Me
  • Good Girl Gone Bad
  • Rated R
  • Loud
  • Talk That Talk
  • Unapologetic
  • Anti

0 voters

Single

• Pon de Replay
  • If It’s Lovin’ That You Want
  • SOS
  • Unfaithful
  • We Ride
  • Umbrella
  • Shut Up And Drive
  • Hate That I Love You
  • Don’t Stop The Music
  • Take A Bow
  • Disturbia
  • Rehab
  • Russian Roulette
  • Rude Boy
  • Te Amo
  • Only Girl (In The World)
  • What’s My Name?
  • S&M
  • California King Bed
  • Cheers (Drink To That)
  • We Found Love
  • You da One
  • Talk That Talk
  • Princess Of China
  • Where Have You Been
  • Diamonds
  • Stay
  • Right Now
  • What Now
  • FourFiveSeconds
  • Bitch Better Have My Money
  • Work
  • Needed Me

0 voters

The Spotify playlist. No Jay-Z, obviously, but Blondie (featuring @noahvale’s 2 picks) and Oasis are added.

1 Like

Never really got the love but will obviously take a listen again on the back of this and maybe up my score before the count, as with Kanye

Absolute icon, seems like a pretty good egg, hatfuls of bangers. No album that I like start to front, and quite a lot of dross. Torn between a 3 and a 4, will decide later

Gone for a 3. Fair few bangers on that list but never been inspired enough to listen to an album all the way through except when Mrs F plays a couple of them now and then and there’s a lot of filler going on. Seems like a GBOL too.

2 Likes

Not someone that has ever really hit my radar (again, probably an age thing). Looking at that singles list is like a different language to me. Clueless about the vast majority of those songs.

However, at least I can add an anecdote to this thread; When I went to see Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake at Wirelsss a few years back, she came out to join them for Run This Town and it was the biggest pop I have ever heard at a show in my life. Quite a moment.

Anyway, a 2 from me.

To be honest I don’t know much about her music (so won’t give a rating), but the scene with her in This is the End is pretty funny

RIRI IS A FUCKING QUEEN YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW

5/5

11 Likes

Perfectly fine if you hear a song somewhere but can’t imagine ever listening to a whole album or anyone having a strong opinion either way.

Today and tomorrow are holidays here, so I was hoping for something a bit more inflammatory.

Oh, did someone say Bangor?

2 Likes

Alright pop out of 5 isn’t it. Is she iconic? Not really… does she have mega banging tunes? Some.

Ami still irked about yesterday? Damn right.

4 Likes

Hmmmm. Very much a singles artist for me. But I absolutely love some of her singles. I’m gonna go 4.

5 Likes

I’ve only heard two songs but I hate both of them therefore it’s a 2/5

3 Likes

5/5

4 Likes

Seems like a good egg. Don’t love her voice. Umbrella is an all-time classic.

2 Likes

Bangers.

Quality dropped off a bit though…

4/5

Great singles crap albums and also did this 3/5

Sitting here shocked like that some people can’t appreciate the hot fire of Disturbia, the regretful melancholy of Russian Roulette, the unrestrained raunchiness of S&M or the pure swag of Only Girl (In The World). RiRi is pop at its finest, heavy and sweaty and groovy with a dancehall edge. If I could pick one artist in the world to go see live it would be her.

1 Like

More tunes than Beyonce (imo), so a generous 4 from me.

2 Likes