šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Sir Rod Stewart

Has a full size football pitch at his house too doesnā€™t he?
Some fella.

2 Likes

Happy now?

1 Like

Donā€™t really know enough of his music to vote but Maggie May is a cracker (secretly it always reminded me of my evil ex when we were together because of the line ā€œthe morning sun when itā€™s in your face really shows your ageā€ - he was only 24 at the time but he looked a lot older :smiley: ) and the Kookooramabama (??) thread is probably my favourite one. Sex is cool and sex is nice - wise words indeed.

Also @TKC 's love of SIR Rod Stewart is one of the best things on the forum imho

3 Likes

Thatā€™s extremely high praise for the Rodster.

I always thought Rod Stewart was a bit of a joke; I didnā€™t get his sentimental stuff and Iā€™m not hugely into '70s rock, it just tends to sort of wash over me. HOWEVER GTA San Andreas introduced me to Young Turks, which I then thought was an aberration because how could Rod Stewart (Rod Stewart?!) have made something this heartfelt and awesome? How? I didnā€™t really follow up on that, but increasingly I hear Rod Stewart songs on the radio and so on and I find myself enjoying them. I heard Baby Jane for the first time in my life (deadly serious, no idea how Iā€™ve avoided it for 35 years given that it seems to be a megahit) about three weeks ago and I was instantly like, ā€˜Yes, yes this is good stuff, I like this.ā€™

This is basically a long way of saying I donā€™t know enough of the manā€™s work to really judge it, but Iā€™m coming around to the idea of Rod Stewart and Iā€™m looking forward to having a listen to anything that pops up in here, as I always do with these threads. Also, itā€™s a defence of the criminally underrated true artist that is Robbie Williams, because for some reason I feel duty bound to do that every time he comes up which is a bit weird of me, but hey, I love the guy.

Bit disappointing he didnā€™t do an album called ā€œIn Rod We Trustā€

12 Likes

Musically horrific, but since @rod_stewart__fans started showing up randomly on my instagram panels one day, I keep watching these gloriously odd videos he keeps putting out.

Thereā€™s one of him sitting in an empty arena singing Youā€™re In My Heart acapella with actions and body percussion dressed like an Armani painter and decorator that I just canā€™t get out of my head.

Not sure whether posting instagram links work or not: Rod Stewart Fans on Instagram: "I'd love to hear you duet this with me!! Follow @Rod_Stewart__fans for more āž– Credit: āž– āœ… Double tap āœ… Leave a comment āœ… Tag and share āž– Follow @Rod_Stewart__fans and tag us in your next picture for a chance to be shared! ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ #rodstewart #rodstewartconcert #rodstewartlive #rodstewartfans #rodstewarthits #rodstewart4ever #rodstewartneveradullmoment #rodstewartandthefaces #rodstewartfan #rodstewarthair #rodstewarttour #rodstewarttribute #rodstewartshow #rodstewartstory #rodstewartfanatic #rodstewartfanclub #rodstewartnomultishow"

1 Like

If this gets 50 votes does it get a place in the league?

delighted, cheers mate

1 Like

I went to Slam Dunk last week in a Sir Rod tshirt and Iā€™d do it again!

2 Likes

oh my

1 Like

Ultimately itā€™s up to @funkhouser, but I think we all know the correct answer

Remembered this and bumped up my score

1 Like

The answer isā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦of course!

2 Likes

Been around forever but I honestly canā€™t give a solitary fuck. 3 by default, with 1 knocked off for being a Tory then

I once went on a school trip to France where the coach driver insisted on playing Rodā€™s greatest hits on repeat for the entire journey. We begged, we pleaded, please for the love of god anything else. He wouldnā€™t listen. I donā€™t think I ever really recovered from that. I donā€™t think any of us did.

We didnā€™t stand a chance. We were only children FFS.

This was the 90s. A greatest hits released now would either be exactly the same or even worse.

Ruined my life/5

8 Likes

1, just unbelievably embarrassing his entire career, get him binned.

7 Likes

Coach driver 5/5

1 Like

Canā€™t belive no one has posted this yet.
smh

8 Likes

Best cover

3 Likes

Fuck, how have I not heard this before

ā€œSex is cool and sex is niceā€¦ ooh ooohā€¦ā€

2 Likes