šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Slayer

Bunch of daft nazis

3 Likes

ā€˜Mandatory Suicideā€™. ā€˜War Ensembleā€™. ā€˜Pride In Prejudiceā€™. These are very very funny to me.

6 Likes

Pride in prejudice in zombies

10 Likes

Never knowingly heard. Abstain.

1 Like

In enjoyed Jimmy Watkinsā€™s (ex-Future Of The Left) running review of Reign In Blood a little while back.

10 Likes

Itā€™s 1/5 from me. Thrash is a genre I really canā€™t stand, before anyone starts Iā€™ve heard enough Slayer to know thanks and thereā€™s something quite embarrassing about the whole thing.

Funky caving to peer pressure, hate to see it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not heard enough slayer to have an opinion but those song titles are fucking hilarious and the amount of ā€˜Whereā€™s slayer!!??ā€™ in every other thread is making it a nailed on 1. Without knowingly hearing a note. Good work dis

12 Likes

Canā€™t see Tormentor on there so canā€™t vote for their best song

homophobic, trump-supporting nazis at that

1/5

10 Likes

Part of the reason I did this was to hit the 1 tbh.

Be funny when they get 1.28 or something.

1 Like

I barely knew 'er

18 Likes

Suspect they will not be my sort of thing and from a distance they reek of ā€˜i listen to this to upset my mumā€™ sort of teenage defiance.

Will give them a wee listen, and Iā€™ll undoubtedly recognise some of their stuff from catching snippets over the years, but will probably abstain.

1 Like

Seasons In The Abyss :smiley: @anon50098204 what is the pattern of seasons in the abyss please?

1 Like

I mean, theyā€™re fine ultimately, but I canā€™t remember the last time I chose to listen to them. 3/5 maybe. I donā€™t really know

Pros

• Wrote the greatest album of all time
  • Had a pretty great run from their debut up to Seasons in the Abyss
  • Handful of decent late career tracks
  • Dave Lombardo is an excellent dude
  • Brilliant live

Cons

• Bunch of twats apart from Dave
  • Kerry King is a super tool
  • Jeff Hanneman stopped being able to write a solo
  • Second half of their career is basically the same song 40 times over

They should be lower than Metallica, but both should be higher than where theyā€™ll end up. Reign in Blood is a perfect album, and both South of Heaven and Seasons of the Abyss have bangers.

Voted 5 to counter all the 1/5 scores from the haters but in reality I think 2.5 - 3 would be a fair score considering how one-note they eventually got and how terrible they are generally. I predict a 2/5 score overall.

Picked Seasons in the Abyss as their best song, love the atmosphere of it. Proper dark and moody, and different enough from everything else they do.

13 Likes

Going to be a cold, rainy, early spring day in a run down English seaside town, all day everyday isnā€™t it?

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

listened to reign in blood recently and wasnā€™t mad about it
i think i like some metal but not this kind of metal?
might give them a 5 anyway

1 Like