🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Sugababes

Well then, let’s do another thread shall we?

First, the table after Toots & The Maytals

Artist Rating
Aretha Franklin 4.64
Otis Redding 4.34
David Bowie 4.31
The Cure 4.28
Marvin Gaye 4.21
Stevie Wonder 4.17
Nirvana 4.15
Radiohead 4.13
The Supremes 4.13
Prince 4.11
Kate Bush 4.07
OutKast 4.07
Portishead 4.03
Jimi Hendrix 3.93
Joni Mitchell 3.89
Bruce Springsteen 3.84
Blondie 3.73
ABBA 3.66
Kanye West 3.65
Blur 3.61
Beyoncé 3.54
Bob Marley & The Wailers 3.48
Madonna 3.4
Toots & The Maytals 3.35
Rihanna 3.19
Jay-Z 3.14
The Rolling Stones 3.09
The Strokes 3.03
Girls Aloud 2.93
Britney Spears 2.85
Metallica 2.81
Oasis 2.71
Lady Gaga 2.61
Queen 2.6
Blink-182 2.21

And now it’s time for Sugababes

You know what to do, just push the button…

0 voters

Album

• One Touch
  • Angels With Dirty Faces
  • Three
  • Taller In More Ways
  • Change
  • Catfights And Spotlights
  • Sweet 7

0 voters

Single

• Overload
  • New Year
  • Run For Cover
  • Soul Sound
  • Freak Like Me
  • Round Round
  • Stronger/Angels With Dirty Faces
  • Shape
  • Hole In The Head
  • Too Lost In You
  • In The Middle
  • Caught In A Moment
  • Push The Button
  • Ugly
  • Red Dress
  • Follow Me Home
  • Easy
  • Walk This Way
  • About You Now
  • Change
  • Denial
  • Girls
  • No Can Do
  • Get Sexy
  • About A Girl
  • Wear My Kiss

0 voters

Banger after banger after banger

8 Likes

Didn’t know Overload was called Overload. But that.

About You Now is one of my very favourite tracks ever. Nothing else they’ve done gets close to it but that makes them at least 4 worthy

6 Likes

5 because A) they’re really good and B) I want them to get a high-placed finish.

Also, my old housemate gave them (original 3) a lift once and said they were really nice

1 Like

Going between a 3 and a 4 on this one. Never really got that into them but Push The Button, Freak Like Me and About You Now are all time classic bangers. 4 I think.

2 Likes

Reckon they have more songs I like than any other British pop act of my lifetime. Lack a bit of the personality and individual sound of the best pop groups (probs cause their line up changed every week) but the songs are good. Would have them as a 3.5 but I’m in a nice mood so I’ll round up

3 Likes

Big big big 5/5. So many bangers and amazing how they managed to stay relevant after replacing members multiple times

7 Likes
  • Siobhan/Mutya/Keisha
  • Mutya/Keisha/Heidi
  • Keisha/Heidi/Amelle
  • Heidi/Amelle/Jade

0 voters

Okay.

I love the Sugababes.

I saw them live a couple of times and at one of them Heidi waved at me.

Their harmonies are SO TIGHT. Overload is maybe the best debut single of all time? Name a better one. (actually, don’t @ me)

THEY ARE SO GOOD

Those first couple of albums… I mean come on. It’s such high quality. What a run of singles.

Overload - best debut single ever. New Year - really lovely. Run for Cover - Brilliant. Soul Sound - reaaal nice.

Then they disappear for a year and Siobhan leaves and it’s like ‘oh that’s a shame, they must be finished’ and then they return with Freak Like Me, one of the BEST SINGLES EVER. A STONE COLD, SOLID GOLD BANGER FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION.

And then Round Round. And Stronger. And Shape, and Hole in the Head, and Too Lost in You, and In the Middle, and Caught in a Moment, and PUSH THE FUCKING BUTTON.

I mean what the fuck? I adore Girls Aloud but they had a couple of stinkers along the way, Sugababes smashed it out the park for five years.

There’s some brilliant album tracks too. Course there is. Soul Sound is lush. Situation’s Heavy is a trip-hop-pop masterpiece, genuinely. One of their best tracks. Their cover of Obsession is a banger.

Obviously the first two line ups are the only two true ones. You can’t remove Mutya fucking Buena from something and still expect to have a party. Also wasn’t keen on the gradual sexualisation of them, they were never that band. Having said that, I am very much a hypocrite and the video to Easy does all sorts of things to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZcWiS5B_0M

Lay Down in Swimming Pools is a good indicator of how good the MKS material could have been and I am deeply sad that nothing came of it. Quite frustrating that a finished album is sitting somewhere and we might never hear it. Listen to this though it’s so good:

PS. Keisha is one of the most beautiful women alive imho

10 Likes
  • Mutya Kesha Siobhan
  • Mutya Kesha Heidi
  • Amelie Kesha Heidi
  • Amelie Jade Heidi

0 voters

I gave them a 5, just to clear up any doubt.

1 Like

FUCK

2 Likes

Also as an aside, massive shout to Song 4 Mutya, genuinely one of my favourite songs of this century. What a banger.

10 Likes

Was just about to post this!

1 Like

I GOT PRINCE SINGING HOT THING TO ME I KNOW EVERY LINE

5 Likes

The Trigger’s Broom of pop as someone once said.

2 Likes

BET YOU’VE BEEN GOING AROUND TOWN LYING

2 Likes