🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Sugababes

Love Sugababes. Hate About You Now with a passion.

1 Like

Listen to Situation’s Heavy, some lovely trip-hop percussion, and lush poppy hooks <3

1 Like

It’s my least favourite single of theirs, never really got it :frowning:

In the Numan version track the guitar’s all phased and lo-fi, but it’s replaced by a nu-metal chugalug in Freak Like Me. It’s still a great song obviously, but it’s one of those things that catches me unawares and always makes me go “Oh yeah, forgot about that. Why would they do that?”

I like it but think it’s a bit overrated. Push the button on the other hand

2 Likes

Gave them a 2. I’ve enjoyed a few of their tracks but they’ve left me cold otherwise

2 Likes

Think it got really overplayed for me.

Really despise Pure Shores, probably for the same reason.

Best sad banger

• Too lost in you
  • Run for cover
  • Stronger
  • New year

0 voters

Per one of my recent tweets, I fucking love that hyper-compressed guitar sound.

1 Like

I saw Fear Factory live 3 times. I never need to hear that sound again as long as I live…

1 Like

would be very into a mutya/keisha/dino sugababes line up

3 Likes

The original three went to my old high school. Not much good came out of my old high school artistically or otherwise. We have The Sugababes, George Michael and Courtney Pine.

Really like The Sugababes saw “them” live as MKS at Shepherds Bush Empire maybe six or seven years ago.

???

7 Likes

I’m far more lukewarm on them than most pop of its time, sorry lads.

Freak Like Me is one of the BEST POP SONGS EVER oh my GOD it’s so good!!! but, even though they have some other great tunes, I’d rarely be in the mood to listen to their other stuff (I think maybe their biggest hits have all been overplayed). 3/5

1 Like

Pretty much this^
Except only a 2 because im mean

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have no opinion on the work or lives of the many Sugarbabes and therefore will abstain from submitting a vote in this poll.

I will, however, continue to read and, hopefully, enjoy this thread.

Thanks for your time

2 Likes

Loving this, got a right groove on

What school was this?

Solid 4. Probably the best pop act from the Popworld era, plenty of tunes.

2 Likes

had this as my fb cover picture for a bit

i love the sugababes so much, their singles album gets some heavy rotation in the car. mutya/kesha/heidi for me, it would be so hard to choose which of their singles is my favourite if overload didnt exist coz theres so many bangers. also that simon amstell joke about how his sister is going to be a sugababe for her gap year

5 Likes