🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 The Killers

4 Likes

I mean yeah, so overplayed. I don’t desire to hear it again, but I don’t want people to think my 1 means I am without some appreciation. He sings it great.

That first line ‘coming out of my cage and I’ve been doing just fine’ is ok but it’s all downhill from there.

Still maintain that ‘I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier’ is a brilliant refrain though.

8 Likes

Accidentally voted for Mr Brightside (great) when I meant When We Were Young. Oops.

A 3.

More singles I like than most bands, so have been an apologiser for them, but seen them twice and they are fucking piss.

1 Like

Lots of songs that don’t exist in your singles poll funkman

3 Likes

The first half of their first album was alright. That’s pretty much it. Particularly like the Alan Partridge bass bit on the first song

5 Likes

To quote Bill Bailey: “I’ve got ham but I’m not a hamster”

11 Likes

Haha I nearly put that above the poll then realised I say it a lot.

Going to listen to hot fuss this morning. Will it hold up? Find out soon!

1 Like

Nah, banging chorus line. But I really do appreciate that kind of singing loud, high, full singing. Sort of thing I can sometimes do if I’ve warmed up enough and it’s just about in my range (the chorus of Radiohead’s Lucky for example).

1 Like

Would you like to liveblog it for the rest of the class?

Theo you take those two songs out of the same sentence right now!

1 Like

It’s a 1 from me Clives.

Didn’t get on with Hot Fuss when it came out, and it was downhill from there.

I think it goes without saying that Lucky is a supremely amazing song. I am merely using it as a reference for my own occasional vocal abilities.

I probably could have used Angels though, it’s true.

I think you should record a cover of Angels as a charity single for the hardship fund. More than I’ve ever thought anyone should do anything.

2 Likes

Isn’t the idea to record something people want?

Or are we raising funds to convince me not to put it out there?

1 Like

Maybe. Might split it into 3 posts

2 Likes

Never seen them live or listen to them after that first album, but they seem like a perfectly ok pop act. Lots of sing-a-long moments and they put on a show at Glastonbury

Debating a 2 or a 3. Probably a 2 for the shit name.

Stick Lucky on the b-side then.

1 Like