šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ The Killers

I always wondered if the got the name from here

5 Likes

Comes from a New Order video I believe.

2 Likes

Just remembered I saw them live once, on the 2005 NME tour with Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and The Futureheads. They were fine, probably 3rd best on that bill.

I really like a few of their singles. I dont hate them.

But I cant give them a 2.5 and not up for rounding up to a 3. So will settle on 2.

Attached to many a good memory though

Man is a certified choon.

Imagine stealing the Killers of the 3 potential band names in that song

2 Likes

Canā€™t imagine having a passionate opinion either way. Abstaining.

Iā€™m not sure the hospital bombers would work for a pop band :joy:

1 Like

Patchy first record followed by a decent second. Actually quite enjoyed Battle Born (which everyone else seemed to hate) but rest of their stuff is just bland nothingness. Brandonā€™s last solo record was quite enjoyable though. Prob a 2.5 but rounded up to 3 as I know many will outright hate on them.

Fictitious band in a NO video, I think.

2/5. Think When We Were Young is a good song, and Hot Fuss had its moments. Beyond that, turd.

3 Likes

Couple of alright songs that have been horrifically overplayed(not their fault, I guess) but certainly a worse band than the Kings of Leon.

1 Like

A not completely worthless but not great pop band with a not bad debut album. 2/5.

Another one for the ā€˜some good singles but otherwise not botheredā€™ club. A 3 feels too generous, but when you look at the league table and see some of the absolute horrific shit clustered around the 2 mark that seems harsh on the plucky Mormon lads.

this is their best song

4 Likes

Somebody told me
That you had a poll thread

15 Likes

Crystal maybe?

1 Like

I wish I liked them more, feel like Iā€™m missing out on something.

Theyā€™re a force for good on balance but theyā€™re 2/5 really.

Tell you what. Jenny was a friend of mine is an absolute stone cold banger. Havenā€™t heard it in years. Loved it

Mr Brightside has obviously been overplayed to death but one of those songs you knew the first time you heard it that it was going to be massive.

Really good opening one-two punch for an indie pop album

3 Likes

Itā€™s a 2 from me. Canā€™t help but sing along to When We Were Young and Mr Brightside because Iā€™M NOT MADE OF STONE but itā€™s all just so much empty guff innit?

1 Like

Iā€™ve given them a generous 3 as I think theyā€™re considerably better than a lot of the acts in 2-3 region of the poll. Really enjoyed Hot Fuss and Samā€™s Town at the time, and actually didnā€™t mind some of Day And Age (including the much maligned Human). But Iā€™ve not knowingly heard anything post that third album and havenā€™t chosen to listen to them in a long, long time.

Mr Brightside, despite being incredibly overplayed, is definitely still a bop though.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re alright. At least one decent single from every album. Good fun live as well. 3/5.

My father is obsessed with them and refers to them as Brandon and the Boys, knows all their life situations and suchlike. Itā€™s somewhat endearing and somewhat unnerving.

15 Likes