🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 The Rolling Stones

Weirdly, I have actually seen The Who live.

They were shit.

EDIT: Absolute derailment here, sorry!

1 Like

Saw them last year in Cardiff. I was not expecting them to he as good as they were - massive reaffirmation of love for them. I’m going to pretend that nothing happened after Some Girls and give them a 5.

Also, Beast of Burden is one of my favourite things in the world to jam to on guitar. The extended live version is wonderful - The Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden (from "Some Girls, Live in Texas '78") - YouTube

3 Likes

Oh, for anyone who cares, the playlist will be fully updated later. I asked Kermit to choose the 2 extra Britney tracks (I will be doing this with anyone that shows particular, overriding passion for a certain artist) and she’s having a think about it. The 3 that polled highest are there already.

2 Likes

looking forward to picking the two Sugababes tracks mate

2 Likes

I will fight you to the death for this honour

2 Likes

Few good singles but they’re a bunch of dicks and 90% of their music is the dullest of the dull blues rock bollocks.

I’ve another one in mind for you, don’t panic.

1 Like

Keith Richards’ autobiography made my company a shitload of money. 5/5

…what?

Tbh even though I don’t like them I do get why they have the aura they do. When they started out the rock landscape was pretty much nonexistent. When you’ve only got a few options even something average is going to feel great when compared to something shit because you don’t know any better…

I predict a post-Britney bloodbath.

3 Likes

Saw them in 03 as one of my earliest gigs and it was absolutely fucking incredible (Paint it Black was one of the best things I’d ever seen), but that also completely sated me with them. Could probably count on one hand the times I’ve put on one of their albums since, and I probably won’t ever again.

Not sure what rating to give. 2? Probably 2.

Early Kaiser Chiefs lyrics etc.

1 Like

Christ if I’m ever getting through that discography but so far I’m a big fan. Exile, Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Some Girls, Sticky Fingers are all great. Lots of drinkin’ jams. Excellent live at Hyde Park a few years ago. An unfashionable FOUR from me.

3 Likes

I’m also prepared to defend The Who as the best of those 60s megagroups. I Can See For Miles shits all over most of what those other bands ever did.

3 Likes

It’s showing at Cineworld West India Quay three times a day…

(Think it’s in a relatively wide release TBF)

Some great tunes, but weird pervy bellends.

1 Like

Not for me, thanks 1/5

They’re very boring

Threads are starting to get very negative, think we need to get some Rihianna rolling next to right this ship :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, this is essentially my take too (other than I don’t know Some Girls and haven’t seen them at Hyde Park). Four very good albums, though I’ve no inclination to explore beyond those. An unfashionable something or other similar from me too.

1 Like