šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ The Supremes

Stoned Love is my mumā€™s favourite and my 2nd fave

5/5 for me clive

2 Likes

Itā€™s a rock solid 4 for me. Some incredible songs, but beyond those key singles I donā€™t know enough. Need to investigate further.

5 Likes

Sure they did some good songs and that but that name is far too braggy. 1/5

havenā€™t voted

Should love them as I adore Girl Group stuff but I just never got on with Diana Ross voice. Not going to vote though as I really only know the headline hits.

*I gave them a 5 btw jsyk

Have loved The Supremes since before I can remember and canā€™t imagine ever not loving The Supremes.

3 Likes

I thought you had good opinions on things?!
Baby, baby, where did our love go?

@anon19035908, better do a HGATR for The Donnas, then we score them a 1/5

5 Likes

Good modest name though, youā€™ve got to give them that.

Are they all called Donna?

I try not to judge people too much when it comes to music taste as I get older but the fact is that I donā€™t trust anyone obsessed with Motown (itā€™s not the only soul and r nā€™ b music ever made Bill, get over it!) but I also donā€™t trust anyone who doesnā€™t have a bit of love for Motown. Itā€™s quite a wide spectrum but if you donā€™t fall into it youā€™re basically dead to me.

Which is to say itā€™s a 4 from me.

6 Likes

In one way, yes. In another, more accurate way, none of them are called Donna.

2 Likes

The bias of soundtracking many a sunny cider fueled day biffed the 3 up to a 4

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1/5 Shit
2/5 not bothered
3/5 good, fine, yeah, moving on.
4/5 so much great stuff but not quite enough
5/5 Supreme(s, The)

3 Likes

HIT after HIT after HIT. The Supremeā€™s always remind me of my mother. She was always playing them and singing along when I was a very young age, theyā€™ve always stuck with me since. The harmonies are brilliant, stage acts were great. In a time where it was very difficult for female acts/especially of color to break through to uncharted success, my hats off. First 5/5 from me.

ā€˜Come See About Meā€™ fav song.

7 Likes

I was waiting for your take NY!

1 Like

in a strange turn of events my favourite Supremes song is their cover of the Beatlesā€™ ā€˜You canā€™t do thatā€™ - WAY better than the Fab Four, a real sexy MF of a backbeat

while probably my favourite cover of all time is the Vanilla Fudge cover of ā€˜You Keep Me Hanginā€™ onā€™

Supremes - 4/5

also, I really want this T

3 Likes

You there! Do you have a healthy, but appropriate interest in Motown within the correct boundaries? Yes, I am aware this is a Wendyā€™s.

3 Likes

Bonus poll:
Best Diana Ross solo single

• Chain Reaction
  • Upside Down
  • Iā€™m Coming Out
  • Endless Love (with Lionel Richie)
  • Something else

0 voters