šŸŽµ How Good Are They Really šŸŽµ Vampire Weekend

For most of their existence Iā€™d written them off as light indie poppers like your Foster The Peopleā€™s, then that changed when I walked out of the big top at End Of The Road 2018 just as they were starting, half cut I was, and I thought ā€œthis is a great timeā€. So I got myself down the front, had a mosh and loved it. Pretty much not stopped listening to them since. All 4 albums have been on constant rotations. Love them. Ezra is unbelievably hot 5

Islington Assembly Hall Saturday morning gig last year was one of my favourite gigs ever. A lovely lovely band. Was listening to FotB just last night and thinking ā€˜what a lovely album this isā€™. 5/5

i liked the first album when it came out but not heard the others so will do that today

A fun thing about Vampire Weekend atm is that they rehearse their entire recorded discography so their setlists are completely different show to show and they can take requests for fan favourites at a momentā€™s notice.

3 Likes

And some people ruin it all by requesting Hudson

At Glastonbury secret show someone requested Campus. Like youā€™re going to hear Campus dw bro.

Hi, itā€™s me, the guy who has seen them 3 times and all 3 have had neither Campus or Walcott so if Iā€™m getting picked for a suggestion I choose one of them.

Campus absolutely slaps

2 Likes

This six-hour 56-song show at Webster Hall :exploding_head:

3 Likes

TBH I struggled with the gig I went to being 2 hours long but I appreciate that this likely made some fans very very happy

Yeah, it was fantastic. More bands should do a show in that time slot (when bands can start playing live again).

Great band. Remember hearing the blue cd-r thingy and just being taken by how strong the melodies were, impressive how they added significant depth to their sound on MVOTC, and, whilst the newest record isnā€™t 100% great, they seem to have survived losing Rostam and have become a very strong touring band.

Ezra & co always seem like really nice guys too. Giving them a 5.

9 Likes

I think FOTB is the kind of record they had to make following Rostamā€™s departure - one of those where a band loosens up and feels around for direction. Itā€™s a bit messy and thereā€™s some duds on there (possibly for the first time considering the other albums are so solid) but thereā€™s some interesting ideas going on and i think it might lead to some good stuff in the future. Really love the opener and ofc 2021.

Whatā€™s time crisis like these days? That clip of Ezra getting annoyed with James Corden was really funny

Also think Ezra is maybe an underrated lyricist. OK, thereā€™s maybe not tons of meaning behind the words but he plays with language in a really clever way - a bit like Malkmus. Love those tracks on MVOTC that capture the enthusiastic skittish nature of their first two records giving way to a kind of grown up listlessness:

1 Like

think Holiday is one of my least favourite songs ever, put me off the entire Contra record even though people say itā€™s good

1 Like

And that they werenā€™t from Whitby.

4 BTW. GBOL

Only heard the debut and it bored me senseless, then I saw them supporting Blur in Hyde Park and they were still really, really boring. Iā€™m going to assume that everything I havenā€™t heard is also boring and give them a 2.

Great band. Hannah Hunt is an time great song - just perfect.

2 Likes