🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Whitney Houston

Shes better than Neil Young guys, hate to break it to you.

6 Likes

I’d much rather listen to someone singing at the full extent of their range than a middle aged man wanking off a guitar for 8 minutes.

5 Likes

This. My whole 1 point goes to the Toni Erdmann scene that @kiyonemakibi mentions as well.

1 Like

Yep, this is the crux of it. Compared to the original her version of I Will Always Love You is absolutely torturous. Clearly an incredible talent but the music is dire.

This is why the uptempo bangers are so much better imo. Just belting out something fun instead of going up and down octaves showing off virtuosity

2 Likes

Such a banger

2 Likes

And that’s fine too

Possibly the best voice of all time? Too often used in boring songs though.

Fuck

3 Likes

Really hate everything about her music, even as a kid, with no clue about anything, it was always nails on a chalk board to me.

The horror / 5

Great voice.

No one really wants to rank Whitney Houston out of 5.

1 Like

the good songs are really good, some of the ballads are alright too, but some aren’t, and she upset Wayne Rooney. In short, a land of contradictions.

2 Likes

5/5. Effortless easy singing

So many great songs that nobody’s voted for yet. OMG.

These are like 5 of the best ever songs

When I was in Madrid in 2013 alone, I was having a bit of a low point in a “Hm this is nice but probably should have tried to rope someone in to coming with me and maybe this was one night too many”.

I went for a Sunday afternoon stroll, and popped into a local gay bar for what I thought would be a quiet drink but turned out to be some Sunday beer bust with lazers, smoke machines and BLASTING a remix of The Greatest Love of All and suddenly I was back in the game and all was well with the world. I got very drunk. Thanks, Whitney.

10 Likes

When I went to Verona I wanted to take a gander at the Colosseum, but Whitney was playing there that night and we couldn’t go in. So I’ll forever hold that against her.

2 Likes

not listened to her loads tbh but the obvious stuff is really good. think melisma sounds good when it’s done well. find it interesting how there’s such a distinction between the way 60s and 70s r&b is regarded on here vs 80s onwards

There’s such a difference in the music though. 80’s R&B and soul onward are pretty much a different genre to the earlier stuff.