🎵 How Good Are They Really 🎵 Wu-Tang Clan

I know, just using them as examples of how good the composite parts of the whole are.

Liquid swords is overrated imo

1 Like

You’re overrated imo.

6 Likes

Actually think all of those core 6 albums are pretty solid, lots to enjoy on the last couple of albums if you give them a chance (but understand why people don’t bother as they don’t really add anything). I think the problem is all the killa bees off cuts albums and below par solo albums.
First wave of solo albums great obviously.

Was going to go 4 but tempted 5. Will ponder.

What he said

1 Like

5/5

Debut is a proper game-changer in terms of production and the rapping is on point individually and astonishing as a collective.

First round of solo albums is insanely high quality and shows an impressive range of styles on the production side.

Wu-Tang Forever is the one album which works front to back amidst the 96/97 deluge of bloated double- albums.

The W is still pretty fun even if the quality dips. And then there’s some gold post-2000 on the solo front (mainly Ghostface but also OB4CL2).

Killer beeeeeeeeeesssss

8 Likes

4, for the debut album, the good solo records and that story about ODB being in a Mariah Carey video.

+ no said date & made in brooklyn. quite like iron flag too but think i might be in the minority with that one

4 Likes

Or the time when he turned up onstage when he’d been on the run for a month

4 Likes

Nothing to fuck with/5.

7 Likes

before explaining that he planned to become “like a bird” and to subsist on “birdseeds or whatever.”

This has done me.

2 Likes

choose the sword, and you will join me. choose the ball, and you join your mother… in death

10 Likes

Don’t know them that well but I’m a plumber not a hater.

3 Likes

Tough one if you’re just counting group albums. Wu-Tang Forever is the only album I every waited outside a record shop 'til it opened for, and was massively disappointed. Edits down into a decent single disc but just not on the same level as Enter the Wu-Tang.

Still has to be a 5 though. They totally shaped my teenage years and listening habits to this day. Seeing them on a VHS recording of Yo MTV Raps, ODB saying “I’m on welfare, don’t tell nobody”, I knew this was my new favourite group before I even heard their music.

5 Likes

Sod it, any excuse to post this again:

30 Likes

5/5 purely on 36 Chambers.

I can’t believe this track doesn’t get more attention. Probably the best thing they ever did in my opinion

2 Likes

when are we doing Mozart?

Ha ha. Same.