How good are you at making hot drinks? And do you know anyone really bad at it?

You absolutely can burn instant coffee.

Don’t be an end

A burnt end? Only if I don’t add a touch of cold water first!

2 Likes

Ok give me a step by step then.

I’m going to try your method vs mine tomorrow and be totally unbiased in reporting my findings.

opposite. i never drink tea so no idea* how to make it.

*i do have some idea

Always make a little concentrated mix of the coffee either with cold water (if it’s just for me I’m making black) or the milk and sugar first, then add the hot water.

Wait longer after it’s boiled for soy milk.

Cool, if your method tastes better I’ll give you a tenner.

1 Like

I’m good at making coffee by which I mean my aeropress is good at making coffee

also very good at making tea and considerate to other people’s whims. I like my coffee really strong so would be reluctant to make it for someone else

god i feel sick

2 Likes

Please do!

I went to a home coffee making lesson at my local coffee shop a couple of weeks ago and I now know how to make brilliant coffee in theory.

People get annoyed when they watch me making hot drinks but never had any complaints for taste (press the bag against the side of the mug with a teaspoon to speed the brew along instead of sitting it for a few minutes, add milk whenever cause it makes absolutely no difference etc.)

Adding milk too early cools the water too much, which negatively impacts brewing, so it does make a difference.

2 Likes

And conversely burns coffee

Sounds like an utter amateur tbh!

I reckon I could make anyone a tip-top cup of tea if they tell me how they like it.

1 Like

no one has ever noticed, from taste alone, that milk was added to their drink at the wrong time. Sad!

1 Like

Superheated water please

1 Like

optimum technique is

bag in mug
pour in freshly boiled water (v important that old water thats been boiled b4, left hanging around in kettle is not used. this is the no1 cause of tea ming)
give the bag a good poke with a teaspoon
add milk
poke some more with the teaspoon until perfect tea colour is reached

We’ve got one of those Quooker taps at work. Seems to do a good job.

These seem dangerous both in terms of a physical threat and a sign of outrageous decadence

1 Like