💿 How Good Is It Really 💿 Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

It wasn’t. It was last October :smiley:

Pffft. Don’t blame me, I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday

1 Like

I always found it pretty funny. Never really been a fan of skits on albums (the sheer amount of skits on Stankonia actually stops me revisiting it too much), but the little bits here and there on this have always amused me.

1 Like

“Is he dead? What do you mean is he dead??”

8 Likes

Personally I love Turn On The Bright Lights as much as I do 36 Chambers.

Not sure the mixing of the two was a total success though…

1 Like

just listening to supreme clientele now thanks to this thread and i think apollo kids might be the best song of all time

this album is so fucking tight and propulsive. never lets up.

4 Likes

Yeah, love that album. Mighty Healthy might be the most RZA beat of all time that isn’t made by RZA. Funny that it was recorded 1998–1999 but feels so different compared to what I consider the “old” Wu-Tang albums.

Couldn’t resist one of the Supreme Supreme Clientele tees a while back.

4 Likes

I think the cool thing about this forum is that there aren’t really any “hip hop fans” in the sense of people who just listen to hip hop. There are a lot of regular posters in the Hip Hop thread but I’d wager lots of them probably quite like Interpol (I do).

6 Likes

It was all smarky indie fans who downvoted that album

1 Like

I down voted Interpol because I think they’re really boring. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Exactly my point

1 Like

TOTBL got a 7.91 anyway meaning most people gave it a good rating. It’s hardly a bad score.

1 Like

Yep. There’s no one genre that brings us all together. We’re all here because we love rating things and making lists :wink:

5 Likes

never liked it. never got the love for them at all. might be worth a revisit now that i’m a bit older.

6 Likes

Brilliant

1 Like

Another hip hop fan that likes Interpol over here :wave:t2:

3 Likes

For balance I’m a hip hop fan and I think Interpol are a load of boring bollocks

9 Likes

wOnT sOmEbOdY tHinK oF iNtErPoL

10 Likes

listened to this record today. obviously it’s a classic, important, 10 out of 10 and all that. but it also just fuckin bangs on a really straightforward level.

11 Likes