šŸ’æ How Good Is It Really šŸ’æ Homogenic

Got the album on now. The run of Virus, Sacrifice & Mutual Core is GREAT. I think tracks 5&6 (Dark Matter & Hollow) are the only let downs on the album really

1 Like

Amazing accent

1 Like

I love listening to her speak so much. Iā€™d watch anything she did a voiceover for

1 Like

Medulla is actually great. I didnā€™t get on with it for a while, but really rate it now.

Volta has a few fun bits, massive soft spot for Earth Intruders, but generally itā€™s pretty terrible.

Biophilia is crap. Laudable concept but just nothing there for me. Havenā€™t listened to it in years.

Vulnicura is BRILLIANT.

Utopia scrapes the edges of greatness, but the middle is just too long and ambling. Start & end are phenomenal though.

Although having read this thread, Iā€™m now going to revisit Biophilia

1 Like

Donā€™t know if it is in this video or something else but thereā€™s an interview where they ask what music she is into and she mentions Arvo Part and the way she rolls her rā€™s is absolutely amazing.

Worth noting there is no way to listen to Ys unless you buy it or steal it, that I know of.

Not sure Iā€™ve ever listened to a Bjork album. Not really my thing at uni and never really been a favourite of anyone Iā€™ve lived with or gone out with.

Iā€™ll try to give this a listen this week, though.

Think it is on amazon streaming, but not Spotify. Can probably get it playing via YouTube as well?

1 Like

Had a listen for the first time in a few years last night. Absolutely loved it, cemented its ā€˜10ā€™ status.

Then my girlfriend said ā€˜Can I say something? I canā€™t stand Bjƶrk, she stresses me out.ā€™

Yin/Yang

1 Like

By steal it, do you mean listen to it on YouTube?

Yeah that would be stealing but easy. But also I never think of YouTube for thatTBF. Partly because I so often run up against stuff that only plays in certain territories :roll_eyes:

itā€™s on all the streaming sites except spotify.

not on spotify =/= doesnā€™t exist :wink:

4 Likes

All the streaming sites meaning oneā€™s Iā€™d have to pay for, ie I would need to buy it.

How hard is it to read? Very I guess.

1 Like

Yeah as discussed with John above

Listening to music on Youtube is not ā€˜stealingā€™ it

More Bjork chat, please.

2 Likes

just watched that south bank doc, so good. that version of unravel with just her and harpsichord is stunning. got chills!

homogenic is 10, obviously. one of a handful of genuinely lifechanging records for me.

2 Likes

Yeah fair enough if itā€™s her official label or whateverā€™s choice. I mean Iā€™m not fully sure I get the moral edge between not being on Spotify but being on Google but whatever gets her through the night I suppose.