šŸ’æ How Good Is It Really šŸ’æ Hounds Of Love

canā€™t wait for the mr blobby gif

Never heard the album before today. I never really had it in my head that Kate Bush was someone I might like, although the last couple of years I have been wondering about that.

Iā€™ve grown to enjoy the singles and was finding it quite a pleasant listen then came Waking the Witch and what the fuck was that!?? I mean that in a good way.

Will keep listening to it all week. Itā€™s definitely got some strong moments. Probably a 7 at the moment for me, but weā€™ll see.

Going to vote Waking the Witch as my favourite track for now, but itā€™s definitely not the best song so Iā€™ll probably change my mind at some point.

As for next week, Funeral is one of my favourite ever albums, and I love Illinois but feeling like I should go Mezzanine as I never really listened to it very much and it probably warrants another go. Probably depends what kind of a week I haveā€¦

Always wanted to like KB more than I actually do. Just find the production too tiring to listen to.

But HoL is the exception, think itā€™s great.

I want to give it 10 but actually I canā€™t stand Jig of Life and Iā€™ve tried and want to but just canā€™t like Waking the Witch.

So 9 I think.

1 Like

properly bawled my eyes out for ā€˜and dream of sheepā€™

well most of it tbh

2 Likes

Aggregation is a good way of ensuring everything in its right place I guessā€¦

3 Likes

sheā€™s pretty bonza

Iā€™m gonna wait till the first mention of the T word.

only a matter of time til xylo sees the thread

1 Like
  • Hounds of Love
  • The Ninth Wave

0 voters

Always found this album mostly mediocre with some vocal eccentricites which elevated it

I meanā€¦ at least 8/10

Fair play - itā€™s a lot more experimental than I expected it to be in the second half. A couple of naff bits on there hold it back, but naffness is sometimes the price of being willing to try weird shit out.

Still prefer the Futureheads cover, but thatā€™s very much a right age / right time / right place thing and I appreciate that the original is probably objectively superior.

Cracking album, Gromit

heSmashingPumpkins?

1 Like

Tweezer

but if you ask yer average lad or lass in the street, they will say ā€œHounds of Loveā€. My point was thatā€™s all their remembered in the mainstream for

yeah, maybe, itā€™s an album I assume that had a pretty high turnout @JohnM?

lovely stuff

1 Like

Yeah, second most votes behind definitely maybe. Although I was a bit disappointed it didnā€™t crack the 200

2 Likes

Listened to it for the first time this afternoon. Really struggled with a lot of it. Thereā€™s a few great songs on there but nothing to make me want to go back to it so Iā€™ll abstain on this one.

A great big walloping hug of a record. Incredible singing and composition. 10.

Still just prefer Aerial but itā€™s close. Canā€™t believe I saw her tbh.