💿 How Good Is It Really 💿 Spirit Of Eden

A very respectable 8.47 for Marquee Moon

This week is Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden. Taking one year and sixteen different musicians to record and leaving some angry EMI execs in its wake, how good is it really?

0 voters

Best track:

• The Rainbow
  • Eden
  • Desire
  • Inheritance
  • I Believe In You
  • Wealth

0 voters

No poll for next week’s album this time because I’ve decided I’m going to choose it

13 Likes
Position Album Rating
1 Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven 8.80
2 It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back 8.51
3 Marquee Moon 8.47
4 The Sophtware Slump 8.45
5 Spiderland 8.44
6 Loveless 8.24
7 Turn On The Bright Lights 7.91
8 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 7.54

Will be one of the easiest 10s of the whole series

9 Likes

Smashed the 10

7 Likes

11 Likes

Only listened once, can’t remember, will give it another go

This series is really showing up the gaps in my classic “indie” album knowledge huh

1 Like

I remember it being really boring but that was a long time ago. Will give it another try.

1 Like

It’s been ages but I loved it at the time I was exploring post-rock, should give it a re-listen really

it’s not as good as this though

3 Likes

I’m probably going to get banned from my own thread for this but I find it a bit boring. I prefer Laughing Stock (even though superficially it seems to be pretty much the same album) but these days Colour Of Spring is my favourite Talk Talk album

3 Likes

It’s one of my two favourite records of all time - the other being Laughing Stock.

I don’t really know how to express how much both of those records plus Colour of Spring and Mark Hollis’ solo record mean to me. Will see if I can marshall my feelings into some sort of order and come back with some words.

3 Likes

had to give it a 9 because the only thing i have against it is that it isn’t laughing stock which is a stone cold 10

5 Likes

It’s a 10 but impossible to choose a best track because it can only ever be listened to in its entirety, surely?

4 Likes

An easy 10, the best album ever

3 Likes

10, thanks

1 Like

It’s an easy 10. A sensational record.

3 Likes

didnt expect that much harmonica

1 Like