💿 How Good Is It Really 💿 Untrue

^^you can find this review on stickers on the re-released version

2 Likes

Never heard it, no interest, abstain.

Agreed, Street Halo and Kindred is where he peaked I reckon (or maybe you’re referring to stuff even later than that?)

5 Likes

This video is great about it, makes me really happy RA got bailed out ahead of other cultural institutions.

Went for a 10 because it’s just a really comprehensive sound and it’s very nicely done.

5 Likes

No longer live on a bus route and usually in bed before 11.30pm so can’t really relate

6 Likes

Me neither but looking forward to hearing it. My mate says all his stuff is amazing.

2 Likes

As if anything other than Boxer is going to win that poll :grinning:

1 Like

Night bus is called night bus for the song ‘Night Bus’ from Burials’ first album ‘Burial’.

Chris Ott talks a bit about the origin of night bus from about 8 mins here:

Don’t blame me, I voted for Face Value

3 Likes

Not blaming anyone, I voted for Songs in the Key of Life because it’s the best album there but I also really like Boxer. Just laughing at the illusion of choice more than anything.

3 Likes

I have not voted for the album by The National this message board talks about endlessly

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Gr8 band m9!

2 Likes

I voted for Endtroducing… even though @JohnM failed to include the dots because it is one of the most astonishingly good albums ever made.

7 Likes

Have given this album my yearly attempt to try and “get” it but, same as every year, it just sounds relentlessly dull and samey to me. 75% of it sounds like it has exactly the same drum pattern which I’m surprised isnt picked up on more.

Clearly just not for me. Gave it a 2 because the formula sounds interesting and fresh for Archangel before you hear it 20 times more.

I like Burial but find I get bored of his musical tics quite quickly (that crackly noise over everything, those filtered echoey vocals, rain noises) so find his EPs much easier to digest. Would probably say Come Down to Us is his real creative peak.

Quite uneasy about Untrue’s perceived place in the musical canon, in that it’s always lauded as the definitive work of what was a predominantly black genre. Always feels more like an exceptionally gloomy garage record than dubstep anyway. Probably a 6 on balance.

2 Likes

Another vote for SITKOL from me because it’s an amazing album and I think just a lot more insight these boards can give so should be a more interesting thread.

3 Likes

indeed, it’s one of my all timers but I’ve hedged my bets with a vote for Stankatonia

2 Likes

SITKOL > Stankonia > Boxer > Entroducing > Phil Lollins

1 Like

Bumping it up to a 3 because that keyboard pad in Homeless is very nice