💿 How Good Is It Really World Cup Edition! 💿 post 560 for the Final poll

We’ve had 50 HGIIR threads so obviously it’s now time for the HGIIR World Cup. I want to have 8 groups of 6 for the first round so I immediately want to reduce that back down to 48. I’m going to do a qualifying round so which album do you think should have that 48th place:

• Duran Duran - Rio
  • Oasis - Definitely Maybe
  • The Killers - Hot Fuss

0 voters

Poll closes at 2pm today

4 Likes

Funeral will win imo

1 Like

The debut album by Local Indian will win.

6 Likes

As long as it’s not Kid A

1 Like

Yeah good luck with that. :wink:

1 Like

Boom Shack-A-Lack was a banger tbf

2 Likes

Kid A 2nd place - unless it comes up against Funeral along the way to the final

Going to vote against 36 Chambers at every opportunity to keep things interesting.

To keep true to the nature of tournament sports and the ebb and flow of form and fortune found therin, I’m going to go with “which album do I most fancy listening to today” for each match.

Can’t believe I’d take a Radiohead win here.

Sophtware Slump looking a good outside bet at 25/1.

4 Likes

You already know that 36 Chambers is going out first round.

1 Like

Nah man 'cos WU-TANG IS FOREVER

Aretha Franklin - The best of Aretha Franklin

1998>2006>2020/1>2018>2002>2014>1994>1990>2010

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the semi finals between Radiohead, REM, The National and Beastie Boys

Hot off the heels of my guest edition, this is Leaves Turn Inside You’s time to shine!

1 Like

Just like to thank those of us who wanted Rio for a bit of competition but ultimately I will accept the forum’s decision that we just need an album we can all get behind giving a damn good kicking to.

Oh god I hope not. It’s the only undeserving top 10 placing.

Oasis have won the poll and have truly earned their right to go out in the first round.

3 Likes