🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #10 Kurt Angle 🇺🇸

Yeah I’m guessing so based on the reverence you lot have for him. If I had much more time I would be doing a deep dive into that era.

every one did, that’s why he was so good!

1 Like

The era directly after the Attitude Era which featured Kurt Angle and Stone Cold vying for Vince McMahon’s affections by serenading him was so fucking funny.

5 Likes

Bret’s Sharpshooter wants a word

1 Like

that was his debut wasn’t it? great moment in it when he just stops the match to get on the mike to have a go at the fans for booing him

fun question here, what was his first appearance on WWE tv. winner gets a ‘like’ off me

2 Likes

Originally I was looking at “best matches” lists people made and then realised I could just use PWI’s ratings archive. Some of them (like Stasiak) are there as kind of a joke but because it was an important moment (in this case, his WWF debut) so it’s meant to read like a timeline of the wrestler in question’s biggest matches and moments

1 Like

O o o o

He was the gobbily gooker

1 Like

I did see those ranked highly on PWI but had no earthly idea who Desmond Wolfe is. Are you telling me its McGuinness?

1 Like

5/5. Just brilliant. Could talk, had the moves to back it up, divided the crowd perfectly. Almost the perfect wrestler. Love him.

Plus the whole “You suck” during his theme.

3 Likes

He was (not)!

The main reason I included Hair vs Hair Edge match

1 Like

sure is!

1 Like

oh wow, I had no idea about that (I never really watched TNA however as it was very much when I wasn’t interested in wrestling and people only ever really rate the Daniels/Joe/Styles triple threat match)

Best theme also. Absolutely perfect.

2 Likes

the wrestling machine gimmick he was doing towards the end of his fed run was really good, shame he couldn’t see it through. obvs not as fun as the goofy stuff but was good to see him presented as a killer for a bit

think kurt angle was my favourite wrestler back in the day

1 Like

very likeable aura

that triple threat match is deffo the best tna match of all time but there’s loads of others that are well worth your time. some of the talent they’ve had at their disposal over the years is ridiculous (almost as ridiculous as how badly they utilised a lot of that talent, but still)

1 Like

It was during a Tiger Ali Singh segment

Thanks for taking part everyone!

1 Like

this was for an Angle feud right?

3 Likes