🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #14 SCOTT STEINER 💪

Mick Foley jumps up from 10th in the top 100 poll because he’s a nice man who falls of things from a great height or something.

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Booker T (48) 3.72
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2

Next up, after an interesting final 3 vote the thread basically moved onto the next subject naturally, so we may as well just go ahead and get it out the way. SO HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME BECAUSE HE’S THE GENETIC FREAK AND HAS GOT NO SYMPY FOR YOUR HURT FEELINGS AND DOESN’T THINK MUCH OF YOU IF YOU’RE FAT CUZ HE’S GOT ALL HIS FREAKS WITH BIG POPPA PUMP AND HE’S GOT 141 AND 2/3RDS CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE

It’s Michigan All-Pro Team Wrestler, Scott Steiner

So how good was Big Poppa Pump really?

0 voters

Favourite Match:

• Steiner Brothers vs Kevin Sullivan & Mike Rotunda (NWA Clash of Champions VII: Guts and Glory '89)
  • Steiner Brothers vs Ron Simmons & Butch Reed (NWA Tag Titles Match, Clash of Champions XI: Coastal Crush 1990)
  • The Steiners vs The Nasty Boys (NWA Tag Titles Match Halloween Havoc 1990)
  • Steiners, Sting, & Pillman vs Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko (WarGames, WCW WrestleWar 1991)
  • The Steiners vs Hiro Hase & Kensuke Sasaki (IWGP Tag Team Titles, WCW/NJPW Supershow I, '91)
  • The Steiners vs Lex Luger & Sting (WCW Tag Team Titles, Superbrawl I '91)
  • The Steiners vs Sting & The Great Muta (WCW/NJPW Supershow II, '92)
  • The Steiners vs “Dr. Death” Steve Williams & Terry Gordy (WCW Clash of Champions XIX: NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament)
  • The Steiners vs The Road Warriors Japan Hawk & Kensuke Sasaki (WCW/NJPW Supershow III Dark Match '93)
  • The Steiners vs The Beverly Brothers (WWF Royal Rumble '93)
  • The Steiners vs The Headshrinkers (Wrestlemania IX)
  • The Steiners vs The Heavenly Bodies (WWF Tag Title Match Summerslam '93)
  • The Steiners vs Hiro Hase & Keiji Mutoh (NJPW Battlefield '94)
  • The Steiners vs Jushin Thunder Liger & Power Warrior Kensuke Sasaki (NJPW Sumo Hall Show, '94)
  • The Steiners & Eddie Guererro vs 2 Cold Scorpio, Cactus Jack & Dean Malenko (ECW Wrestlepalooza '95)
  • The Steiners vs The Road Warriors (WCW Nitro, Mar 11th 1996)
  • The Steiners vs Masa Chono & The Great Muta (WCW Bash at the Beach '97)
  • The Steiners vs Buff Bagwell & Konnan (WCW Nitro, Jan '98)
  • Scott Steiner vs Ray Traylor/Big Bossman (WCW Nitro, Mar '98)
  • Scott Steiner vs DDP (WCW World Televsion Title match, Superbrawl IX '99)
  • Scott Steiner vs Mike Awesome (WCW U.S Title, Bash at the Beach 2000)
  • Scott Steiner vs Goldberg (No DQ, WCW Fall Brawl 2000)
  • Scott Steiner vs DDP (WCW Heavyweight Title match, Greed 2001)
  • Scott Steiner vs HHH (WWE Championship Royal Rumble 2003)
  • Scott Steiner vs HHH (WWE Championship No Way Out 2003)
  • Scott Steiner vs Test (Unforgiven 2003)
  • Steiner, Jericho, Orton, Christian & Mark Henry vs Booker T, Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley, RVD & Shawn Michaels (Survivor Series 2003 Match)
  • Steiner, Jeff Jarrett & America’s Most Wanted James Storm & Chris Harris vs AJ Styles, Rhyno, Ron Killings & Sting (Lethal Lockdown, TNA Lockdown '06)
  • Steiner, AJ Styles, Abyss, Christian Cage & Tomko vs Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle, Rhyno, Sting & Samoa Joe (Lethal Lockdown, TNA Lockdown '07)
  • Scott Steiner vs Samoa Joe vs Frankie Kazarian a.k.a STEINERMATHS! (TNA Heavyweight Title Triple Threat Match, Sacrfice '08)

0 voters

It’s a five for this alone really:

1 Like

Might as well get this required viewing up too:

which one is scott…? all i remember are the ear guard things…

GIMME A FUCKIN’ MIC! uh oh!

2 Likes

Possibly the only wrestler outside of hogan/nash/hall who benefitted from joining the NWO.

Loved his heel work with bagwell in 98

1 Like

don’t know who he is but going to give him a 1 for looking like a total idiot

2 Likes

they didn’t even have sunglasses in the medieval era!

3 Likes
4 Likes

The Frankensteiner was a breath-taking move back in the 80s although I was more of a Rick fan.

Turned rubbish when he went solo and started trying to look like Superstar Billy Graham.

had some health problems recently and had to shut down his restaurant because of the pandemic :frowning:

love the promo he cut after he his health scare

“The doctor came up to me and said ‘The procedure that happened to you, normally you only have 8 percent chance of winning … of getting out of the bed … of living.’ I said ‘Doc, every time I step in the ring I have a 141, two-thirds chance of winning. What do you think my chances are of jumping out of this bed?"

1 Like

A real hard one to rate. Was genuinely amazing for a while, then became incredibly weird but often highly entertaining. It’s kind of incredible that he was too much of a character even for the weird world of wrestling. An absolute fantasy feud would be physical peak + ranty promos Steiner against Brock.

1 Like

anyway, young scott steiner is one of the best to ever do it, I enjoyed the big poppa pump era (wcw version, him and booker t breaking into the main event scene were one of the main reasons I kept watching nitro during the latter years), and he’s deffo in on the joke with the maths promo etc

1 Like

Scott’s the one with the Mullet, he had a total transformation mid-90s

1 Like

He was easily a decade before his time. A dude his size doing standing hurricanranas and stuff most light heavyweights weren’t trying. Really dynamic, solid tag wrestler with believable amateur background and a lot of charisma. That look later on, grotesque, but in a sort of charismatic way. And his mic skils… are something…
No real classics though, particularly by himself he was often found out, I’m giving him a 2 sorry despite being funny as fuck.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not totally decided, he was absolutely incredible in the late-80’s to mid-90s and then his output just fell off a cliff when he returned to WCW/Became a genetic freak but then he was also more entertaining?

Probably a 3?

Honestly don’t think a wrestler’s debut has immiedately sign posted their time in a certain company since Shockmaster

What happened with Rick in the end??

Absolutely sick finisher