šŸ¤¼ā€ā™‚ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? šŸ¤¼ā€ā™€ #21 Owen Hart šŸš€

Daniel Bryan was basically doing the exact Owen Hart routine beat for beat twenty years after this and it made him the hottest commodity in wrestling.

2 Likes

Fantastic ability, especially in the late 80s where he really showed up the establishment with true agility (up until then agility meant they would climb up the ropes occasionally or throw in the odd dropkick)

Desperately unlucky to be wrestling in the gimmick era. He only really ever got to show his true ability when he worked with his brother around 1994 and he shoulld have been leading the company by the 21st century.

1 Like

Knew very little about Owen until recently, but recent OSW has made me a fan. 4/5, prefer him to Bret. Donā€™t @ me.

1 Like

In a way I get it, like Bret is the GOAT but Owen at his best is a lot easier to enjoy?

1 Like

Simply put, itā€™s easier to enjoy an entertainer when theyā€™re having fun themselves.

2 Likes

Reminder that thereā€™s a bonus Steiner brothers tag team poll here:

Will leave this open for the rest of today but in the meantime hereā€™s a poll. Iā€™m gonna need some time to set up the next one which I nearly had until my idiot dickhead of a dog (LOVE YOU OSCAR) had other ideasā€¦

• Mr. Perfect
  • Jushin Thunder Liger
  • Jim Neidhart
  • Koko B Ware
  • Rikishi Fatu
  • BRUCE HART
  • Tatanka
  • The 1-2-3 Kid
  • Razor Ramon
  • Diesel
  • Ahmed Johnson
  • Jake ā€œThe Snakeā€ Roberts
  • Yokozuna
  • The British Bulldog
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Brian Pillman
  • Goldust
  • The Road Warriors/L.O.D
  • The Godfather
  • Road Dogg
  • Billy Gunn
  • X-Pac
  • Ken Shamrock
  • Jeff Jarrett
  • D-Lo Brown
  • Test

0 voters

Why is xpac and 123 kid in the same poll?

Shhh, Vince doesnā€™t want you to know theyā€™re the same person!

But Shane called him the 123 kid in 1999 :frowning:

Not as bad as Mean Gene calling Earthquake John Tenta in the Gimmick Battle Royal :smiley:

1 Like

couldā€™ve called him Golga

1 Like

banter

Next couple are shaping up to be BIG

Lol, so this is closed now and moving on. Owen just missed the 4. mark with 3.95 which seems a little bit of a shame, but also probably - unfortunately - fair. A couple of big ones up next!

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was reading about his death there last night. Mind-boggling that your man who put him in the harness didnā€™t face any criminal charges. Apparently still works in tv/film.

1 Like

Have you seen the Vice documentary on it?

1 Like

No, what was the conclusion(s)? So many people to blame. The guy who usually did the rigging even offered to do it cheap so that they wouldnā€™t hire someone less safe, right?

Itā€™s well worth a watch but basically WWEā€™s fault

https://dai.ly/x7yqag2