🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #22 Ric Flair ✈ 🐴

Owen slots in just underneath his older, more successful brother, which seems rather fitting…

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
Eddie Guerrero (8) 4.28
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
Owen Hart (21) 3.95
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Booker T (48) 3.72
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2
Ron Simmons (114) 3.18
Big Van Vader (58) 3.17
A.P.A (90) 3.15
Sting (52) 3.12
The Big Boss Man(36) 3.1
Scott Steiner (55) 3.08
JBL (n/a) 1.56

And now, WOO, it’s time, WOO, for the greatest, WOO, The Stylin’, WOO, profilin’, WOO, limousine riding, WOO, jet flying, WOO, kiss-stealing, WOO, wheelin’ n’ dealin’, WOO, son of a gun, WOO, rolex wearin’, WOO, diamond ring wearin’, WOO, HE’S HAVING A HARD TIME HOLDING THESE ALLIGATORS DOWN, WOO, THE HORSEMAN, WOO, WITH A TEAR, WOO, IN HIS EYE, WOOoooOOO, TO BE THE MAN, WOO, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN, WOO, the consortium owning, WOO, COME RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN BABY, WOO, THE NATURE BOY, WOO, MEAN, WOO, GODDAMN, WOO, GENE, WOOOOO, IT’S…

RIC FLAIR BABY WOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOO

0 voters

imagine WOO not WOO voting WOO a WOO 5 WOO for WOO this WOO man WOOOOOOO

• Ric Flair vs Ronnie Garvin (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Superstars on the Superstation, '86)
  • Ric Flair vs Barry Windham (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Battle of the Belts '86)
  • Ric Flair vs Nikita Koloff (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Starrcade '86)
  • Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard vs Dusty Rhodes & Nikita Koloff (Steel Cage Tag Match, NWA Richmond '86)
  • Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, The War Machine & Tully Blanchard vs The Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering (WarGames, Great American Bash '87)
  • Ric Flair vs Sting (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Clash of Champions '88)
  • Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat I (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Chi-Town Rumble '89)
  • Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat II (NWA World Heavyweight Title 2-out-of-3-falls Match, Clash of Champions VI '89)
  • Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat III (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, WrestleWar '89)
  • Ric Flair & Sting vs Dick Slater & The Great Muta (NWA Clash of Champions: Fall Brawl '89)
  • Ric Flair vs Terry Funk (“I Quit” Match, Clash of Champions IX: New York '89)
  • Ric Flair vs Lex Luger (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, WrestleWar '90)
  • Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko vs Sting, The Steiners & Brian Pillman (WarGames, WrestleWar '91)
  • Ric Flair vs Tatsumi Fujinami (WCW/NJPW Supershow I, '91)
  • Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase, The Mountie & The Warlord vs Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, The British Bulldog & Virgil (WWF Survivor Series '91)
  • Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan (MSG House Show, Nov '91)
  • Royal Rumble Match 1992
  • Ric Flair & The Undertaker vs Hulk Hogan & Sid Justice (WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event, Jan '92)
  • Ric Flair vs Macho Man Randy Savage (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Wrestlemania VIII)
  • Ric Flair & Razor Ramon vs Mr. Perfect & Randy Savage (Survivor Series '92)
  • Ric Flair vs Mr. Perfect (Loser Leaves Town Match, Raw, Jan '93)
  • Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs Steve Austin & Brian Pillman (WCW/NWA World Tag Team Title Match, Clash of Champions XXIII, Jun '93)
  • Ric Flair vs Rick Rude (WCW International World Heavyweight Title Match, Halloween Havoc '93)
  • Ric Flair vs Vader (WCW World Heavyweight Title Match, Starrcade '93)
  • Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat (WCW World Heavyweight Title Match, Spring Stampede '94)
  • Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan (WCW World Heavyweight Title “Retirement” Steel Cage Match, Halloween Havoc '94)
  • Ric Flair vs Antonio Inoki (WCW/NJPW Supershow Korea, '95)
  • Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (WCW "Lifeguard LumberJack match, Bash At the Beach/Baywatch '95)
  • Ric Flair vs Keiji Mutoh (NJPW, G1 Climax Day 3, Aug '95)
  • TOWER OF DOOM MATCH (WCW Uncensored '96)
  • Ric Flair vs Konnan (WCW U.S Title Match, Bash at the Beach '96)
  • Ric Flair vs Eddy Guererro (WCW U.S Title Match, Hog Wild '96)
  • Ric Flair vs Sting (Final Nitro, Mar '01)
  • Ric Flair vs Vince McMahon (Street Fight, Royal Rumble 2002)
  • Ric Flair vs The Undertaker (Street Fight, Wrestlemania X-8)
  • Ric Flair vs Chris Jericho (Summerslam '02)
  • Evolution: Flair, Orton & Batista vs The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection (Wrestlemania XX)
  • Ric Flair vs Triple H (Last Man Standing Match, Survivor Series '05)
  • Ric Flair vs Edge (WWE Championship TLC Match, Raw, Jan '06)
  • Money in the Bank Match (Wrestlemania 22)
  • Ric Flair vs Mick Foley (“I Quit” match, Summerslam '06)
  • Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels (Retirement Match, Wrestlemania XXIV)
  • Ric Flair being impersonated by Jay Lethal (TNA Victory Road '10)
  • Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Abyss & Bully Ray vs Christopher Daniels, James Storm, Frankie Kazarian & Bobby Roode (TNA Lethal Lockdown '11)

0 voters

Woooooooooo 5

2 Likes

done at least 3 of my all time favourite promos, probably more. matches are a bit samey if we’re being brutally honest, but the good ones are still very good

1 Like

just remembered that one where he bodied carlito, so it’s at least 4

1 Like

Don’t like him

5iest of 5s, one of a handful most influential ever and even with diminishing returns changed the game forever. That proper upper echelon of GOATS with Austin, Hogan, Sammartino but for my money had just the right mix of glamour and outstanding ring work.

3 Likes

could you expand Joke?

He’s afraid to look into his own future

2 Likes

I used to babysit one of my dad’s mates’ kids and I remember watching WCW every time I was there. The Flair/Hogan fued seemed to be on the entire time. I never saw any of their matches as they were all on the PPVs but I doubt they’d live up to those Flair promos. Red faced, screaming, foaming at the mouths. Bouncing between the ropes, strutting, using WOO! as punctuation. Incredible.

His Royal Rumble win in 92 is my earliest wrestling memory as well as being just one of my favourite things.

Best heel ever. The fivest of fives.

2 Likes

380p lol but this was great, both the backstage segment and the match

king and JR both on absolute top form on the commentary too

1 Like

His 1992 Rumble performance was perfect, almost the whole match was about him

1 Like

THAT’S NOT FAIR TO FLAIR

4 Likes

Oh yeah, was going to add in that Heenan made it too.

You no good creep! You skirt-wearing freak!

4 Likes

Hard to picture Ric Flair without a very bloodied face and the blood mixing and juxtaposing his silver hair. Iconic image.
Very good for a very long time.
Consistent.
No scandals I’m aware of.
5?

3 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

Go on…
May as well put me out of my ignorant misery

1 Like

He sent/didn’t take action in stopping his son down the drink and drug spiral that effectively led to his death

Oh fuck.
The more I find out about wrestlers offscreen the less I like wrestling I think.

1 Like

hence why it’s best not to think about it. TBH the whole industry is fucked, unfortunately, you have to basically detach yourself as much as possible (but there are obvious cases where that isn’t). Flair’s biggest crimes for most of his career was that he was self-destructive, but a high enough functioning addict that he just worked his way through it, unlike, say, Jake Roberts who didn’t quite have that ability (largely due to trauma).

However, Flair was an orphan, doesn’t know his parents or even his birthday really, and as tragic as his son’s death was, it did inspire Charlotte to “carry on her brother’s dream” which has been incredibly important for mainstream women’s wrestling, so there is at least a bit of light in that tunnel.

the 30 for 30 on Flair from a couple of years ago is absolutely incredible watching, well worth it finding