šŸ¤¼ā€ā™‚ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? šŸ¤¼ā€ā™€ #23 Shawn Michaels šŸ’”

WOOOOO RIC FLAIR SCORES 4.23! Putting him behind Eddie Guerrero which is perhaps the only slight surpriseā€¦

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
Eddie Guerrero (8) 4.28
Ric Flair (11) 4.23
The Steiner Brothers (n/a) 4.22
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
Owen Hart (21) 3.95
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Booker T (48) 3.72
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2
Ron Simmons (114) 3.18
Big Van Vader (58) 3.17
A.P.A (90) 3.15
Sting (52) 3.12
The Big Boss Man(36) 3.1
Scott Steiner (55) 3.08
JBL (n/a) 1.56

Next up, the man who ā€œretired himā€ (in canon) and one of the most controversial figures in all of wrestling, THE ROCKER, THE HEARTBREAK KID, THE O.G LEADER OF D-GENERATION X, THE BOY TOY, THE SEXY BOY, THE FIRST MALE WRESTLER COVER STAR OF PLAYGIRL, THE WORSTCUNT TURNED BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, HE THINKS HEā€™S CUTE, HE KNOWS HEā€™S SEXY, HEā€™S GOT THE LOOKS, TO DRIVE THE GIRLS WILD, HES GOT THE MOVES, TO REALLY MOVE EM, HE SENDS CHILLS, UP AND DOWN THEIR SPINES HEā€™S JUSTā€¦

Shawn Michaels (Michael Shawn Hickenbottom)

0 voters

Best match/moment:

• Survivor Series Tag Match 1988 (there are far too many people here to list)
  • The Rockers vs Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (WWF MSG Show , Mar '89)
  • The Rockers vs The Twin Towers (Wrestlemania V)
  • The Rockers vs The Orient Express I (Wrestlemania VI)
  • The Rockers vs The Orient Express II (Royal Rumble '91)
  • The Rockers vs Haku & The Barbarian (Wrestlemania VII)
  • Royal Rumble 1992 (The Rockers Implode!)
  • Shawn Michaels vs El Matador (Wrestlemania VIII)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Survivor Series '92)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Marty Janetty (WWF Intercontinental Title Match, Royal Rumble '93)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Tatanka (WWF Intercontinental Title Match, Wrestlemania IX)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Mr. Perfect (WWF Intercontinental Title Match, Summerslam '93)
  • Shawn Michaels & His Knights vs The Hart Family (Survivor Series '93)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (WWF Intercontinental Title Ladder Match, Wrestlemania X)
  • Diesel & Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon & The 1-2-3 Kid (WWF Tag Team Titles, WWF Action Zone #2)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Diesel (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Wrestlemania XI)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Jarrett (WWF Intercontinental Title Match, In Your House 2)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon II (WWF Intercontinental Title Ladder Match, Summerslam '95)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart (WWF In Your House 6)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (WWF World Heavyweight Title ā€œIronmanā€ Match, Wrestlemania XII)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Diesel (WWF World Heavyweight Title ā€œNo Holds Barredā€ Match, In Your House 7)
  • Shawn Michaels vs The British Bulldog (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, King of the Ring '96)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Vader (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Summerslam '96)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Mankind (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, In Your House 10)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Sycho Sid (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Survivor Series '96)
  • Shawn wins the title back from Sid then ā€œloses his smileā€ (Royal Rumble '97)
  • Shawn Michaels & Steve Austin vs Davey Boy Smith & Owen Hart (WWF Tag Titles Match, Raw, May '97)
  • Shawn Michaels referees The Undertaker vs Bret Hart (Summerslam '97)
  • Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Inaugral Hell in a Cell, Badd Blood '97)
  • The Montreal Screwjob (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Survivor Series '97)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin (WWF World Heavyweight Title Match, Wrestlemania XIV)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Triple H (Unsanctioned Street Fight, Summerslam '02)
  • Inaugral Elimination Chamber (Survivor Series '02)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania XIX)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs Chris Jericho (WWF World Heavyweight Triple Threat Match, Wrestlemania XX)
  • The same as above, but at Backlash '04
  • Shawn Michaels vs Edge (Royal Rumble '05)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 21)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan (Summerslam '05)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Vince McMahon (Wrestlemania 22)
  • DX Reforms! Vs The Spirit Squad (Vengeance/Saturday Nightā€™s Main Event '06)
  • DX vs Vince & Shane McMahon (Summerslam '06)
  • DX, The Hardyz & C.M Punk vs Rated R.K.O Edge & Orton, Hurricane Helms, Johnny Nitro & Mike Knox (Survivor Series Match, '06)
  • Shawn Michaels vs John Cena (Wrestlemania 23)
  • Shawn Michaels vs John Cena vs Edge vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship Fatal Four Way Match, Backlash '07)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship, Survivor Series '07)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair (career-threatening match, Wrestlemania XXIV)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Batista w/ Chris Jericho as Special Guest Referee (Backlash '08)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho (WWE Championship Ladder Match, No Mercy '08)
  • Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXV)
  • D-X reform again! vs The Legacy Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr. (Summerslam '09)
  • Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs John Cena (WWE Championship Triple Threat, Survivor Series '09)
  • D-X vs The Jeri-Show (WWE Unified Tag Ttitles TLC Match, TLC '09)
  • Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker (No DQ Career vs Streak, Wrestlemania XXVI)
  • D-X vs The Brothers of Destruction (WWE Blood Money, Saudi Arabia, Nov '18)

0 voters

The Steiners slot in along side Ric with a score of 4.22

So with that in mind as this the second key member: D-Generation X How Good of a Stable Were They Really?

0 voters

And finallyā€¦ Shawn is, begrudgingly, a 5. He was the absolute worst cunt in the 90s, and yet he carried the company in 1996 during itā€™s lowest ebb. That said, heā€™s only a 5 because of the second half of his career. I can take or leave the concept of ā€œBorn Again Christiansā€ but regardless, his return run was absolutely incredible, and as a result there arenā€™t many who can match the sheer amount of incredible matches and moments as this man.

D-X can get in the fucking bin though

2 Likes

Alright, Vince

6 Likes

The Rockers were pretty incredible arguably heralding in ā€œset pieceā€ high-flying routines. He did a good job in the 90s as a mid-carder / IC contender and was a decent champion when he got up to that level.

Donā€™t know much about him this century.

4/5 seems about right.

oh lol :smiley:

1 Like

he was even better post-2002, seriously, his Triple H return match, the first elimination chamber, his Mania matches with Jericho, Benoit/HHH and Angle, his ladder match with Jericho his final two matches with Taker all really worth checking outā€¦ and then thereā€™s this, which is worth it for completely different reasons:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy3urj

Love this promo from around the same time

3 Likes

Heā€™s my favourite of all time, I started watching WWF in early 96 as a 10 year old so basically his monster push got me hook line and sinker and stayed ever since.

His match quality is unparalleled, his last match (obvs not counting Saudi Arabia) with undertaker is probably the best ever match someoneā€™s retired to. Also once he came back in 2002 he wasnā€™t really a dickhead and was happy to lose to others clean. Despite losing a lot at WM his matches more often than not were the highlight of the card. No one is as bankable on match quality in WWF/E than he was, especially at Wrestlemania.

Though you can argue there are better technical wrestlers, high flyers, mic work, story teller etc he was an excellent all rounder and I do struggle to think of a bad match he had from 96 onwards.

Iā€™d give him a 10 if I could, love him :heart:

3 Likes

4 for being a bit of a bollix/involved with DX, otherwise an incredible performer

DX are a big fat 1

1 Like

DX were utter shite. The way WWE tries to present them as some huge deal is laughable. Just not entertaining at all, no memorable feuds or matches really. Rubbish

2 Likes

We also had to endure grown people walking around in those ā€œvince sucks :rooster:ā€ shirts for too long

1 Like

Also its pretty disgusting how theyā€™re revered when it was once suggested they gang raped a young girl backstage and the whole Nation thing

1 Like

That places you pretty much at my cousinā€™s age who also absolutely adored him and as a result, Shawn was pretty much the first wrestler I was really aware of, however by the time I got into wrestling he was gone from his back injury/extra carricular activities soā€¦ I didnā€™t actually really appreciate Shawn until about 5 years ago maybe?

1 Like

whoa what

This is why I went with a 1 instead of a 2. Piper blacking up in the 80s was bad enough, but DX doing blackface at the turn of the centuryā€¦ yes, you do the job youā€™re asked in general, but at some point you have to take some personal responsibility too.

2 Likes

i canā€™t remember it too well but at the end of an episode it cut to one of them backstage drawing the camera outside a room where a girl was screaming and being held down by the rest of them, implying it was Stephanie. It was heavily implied they were going to assault her then the next week they said it wasnā€™t Stephanie but a local college girl

1 Like

Plus the WCW ā€˜invasionā€™ is pathetic. Just them in a tank outside and ā€¦thatā€™s it

I canā€™t really rate Shawn. Started watching wrestling just after he retired so he was doing his commissioner thing, then I stopped watching after he came back. From the little Iā€™ve seen he does seem good

* jeep

4 Likes