🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #23 Shawn Michaels 💔

Always remember this go-home segment before summerslam 02 (before hbk v hhh and rock v brock) and thinking it was dynamite even then. So worth a watch. Still one of the most over face receptions I can remember, and JR on top form ‘4 YEARS MY ASS’

4 Likes

the way Brock sells the kick :smiley:

3 Likes

seriously if there’s anyone out there who hasn’t seen the original Hell in a Cell, it’s an absolute must. The match itself is so brilliant and set such a high bar for the gimmick, but also has one of the best finishes/introductions ever

2 Likes

Probably the best cell match ever? Think it definitely outclasses the Taker/Foley match in terms of storytelling if not spectacle. The way Shawn plays up his desperation to escape is gold.

2 Likes

Forgetting Bossman vs Taker there

1 Like

Never actually seen the first HIAC, will remedy that this weekend

1 Like

Always thought of that as a bit nothingy, except the hanging spot, may need a rewatch. Taker and Brock 2002 is surely underrated too and a lot of people liked Triple H’s v Foley in 00 and Batista in 05 but a HIAC without Taker doesn’t really do it for me.

1 Like

I wasn’t being serious with the Bossman one haha it is an extremely dull match.

Think the concept is always more intriguing than the actual match

2 Likes

An easy 5.

The quality of his matches was consistently higher than anyone else I’ve ever watched. He has the best music too.

1 Like

oh thanks for reminding me this thread is still open :smiley:

the edge one is very good too

1 Like

Right let’s end this then, sexy boy Shawn Michaels scores a very decent 4.21 just under Ric Flair :+1: and ahead of Bret Hart :-1:

D-X score 2.33, rightfully keeping JBL at the bottom of the pile

The Rockers score 3.71 while madman Marty scores an exact 2.

WHO’S NEXT?

• Arn Anderson
  • Tully Blanchard
  • Tito “El Matador” Santana
  • Tatanka
  • Mr. Perfect
  • Razor Ramon
  • Diesel
  • The 1-2-3 Kid/X-Pac
  • Jeff Jarrett
  • The British Bulldog
  • Sycho Sid Vicious/Justice
  • The Undertaker
  • Edge
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Vince McMahon
  • Shane McMahon
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • The Hardy Boyz
  • Randy Orton
  • Batista
  • Cody Rhodes
  • The Big Show
  • Kane

0 voters

Vince McMahon would be a good thread

would be good shit, pal*

2 Likes

Bulldog would be good.

Read that a lot of his issues with drugs came as a result of chronic pain caused from him being slammed onto a botched trapdoor in a WCW match. Wouldn’t surprise me if loads of that sort of negligence went on and their contracts were so watertight they didn’t get paid out.

2 Likes

yeah that’s how I’ve understood it. Really tragic story.

We will get to them all eventually!

WELL… LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN