🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #24 The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom 🦅 🕷

Shawn Michaels takes his place right under Ric Flair at 4.21, meanwhile, D-X takes up the second bottom spot.

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
Eddie Guerrero (8) 4.28
Ric Flair (11) 4.23
The Steiner Brothers (n/a) 4.22*
Shawn Michaels (6) 4.21
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
Owen Hart (21) 3.95
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Booker T (48) 3.72
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2
Ron Simmons (114) 3.18
Big Van Vader (58) 3.17
A.P.A (90) 3.15
Sting (52) 3.12
The Big Boss Man(36) 3.1
Scott Steiner (55) 3.08
D-X (n/a) 2.33
JBL (n/a) 1.56

Next up, a special tribute edition of How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really, as well as our first dedicated tag team thread, due to the recent passing of Joe “Animal” Laurinaitis, ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC, DRUG-FUELLED, NO-SELLING TAG TEAMS OF ALL TIME…WELL…LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING GENE! OOOHHHH WHAT A RUSH…IT’S

The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom!

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13615048_1021204594615064_7037350068994944734_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=174925&_nc_ohc=bJAUjLp1yNgAX_1anPR&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=59b9e19e924bb7c42831fde7168a702a&oe=5F95C78A

SO, How Good Were The Road Warriors Really?

0 voters

• The Road Warriors vs Harley Race & Stan Hansen (AWA Tag Title Match, NWA Battle of the Belts '85)
  • The Road Warriors & Dusty Rhodes vs Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Tully Blanchard (NWA 6-Man Tag Titles, NWA San Francisco '87)
  • The Road Warriors vs Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane (NWA Crockett Cup '87 - Day 2)
  • The Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering vs Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, Ric Flair, The War Machine & Tully Blanchard (Wargames, NWA Great American Bash '87)
  • The Road Warriors vs The Brainbusters (Anderson & Blanchard) (NWA Tag Team Titles, (Starrcade '87)
  • Hawk vs Ric Flair (NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, Bunkhouse Stampede '88)
  • The Road Warriors vs Mike Rotunda & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams (NWA Tag Titles Match, WrelsteWar '89)
  • The Road Warriors, Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane & Steve Williams vs Fatu & Samu, Jimmy Garvin,
  • Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy (WarGames, Great American Bash '89)
  • Legion of Doom, Texas Tornado & The Ultimate Warrior vs Demolition & Mr. Perfect (Survivor Series '90)
  • Legion of Doom vs Hercules & Paul Roma (Wrestlemania VII)
  • Legion of Doom vs The Nasty Boyz (WWF Tag Titles Street Fight, Summerslam '91)
  • Legion of Doom vs Natural Disasters (WWF Tag Team Titles, Royal Rumble '91)
  • Legion of Doom vs Money Inc. (WWF Summerslam '92)
  • The Road Warriors Japan (Hawk & Kensuke Sasaki) vs The Steiner Brothers (NJPW/IGWP Tag Team Titles, WCW/NJPW Supershow III '93)
  • The Road Warriors Japan vs Hulk Hogan & The Great Muta (NJPW Battlefield '93)
  • Road Warrior Hawk vs Rick Rude (WCW International Title Match, Clash of Champions XXV '93)
  • The Road Warriors vs Lex Luger & Sting (SuperBrawl VI)
  • The Road Warriors Japan (Animal, Hawk & Power Warrior) vs The Steiners & Scott Norton (NJPW Battle Formation '96)
  • Legion of Doom & Ahmed Johnson vs The Nation Crush, Faarooq & Savio Vega (Chicago Street Fight, Wrestlemania 13)
  • Legion of Doom vs Owen & The Bulldog (WWF Tag Titles, In Your House 14)
  • Legion of Doom vs Stone Cold & Shawn Michaels (Raw, Jun '97)
  • Canadian Stampede Match
  • Legion of Doom, Ahmed Johnson & Ken Shamrock vs The Nation D-Lo Brown, Faarooq, Kama Mustafa & The Rock
  • Legion of Doom vs The New Age Outlaws (Royal Rumble '98)
  • Tag Team Battle Royale (Wrestlemania XIV)
  • Legion of Doom vs The Headbangers (WWF Captial Carnage '98)
  • Animal vs Scott Steiner vs Sid Vicious vs Jeff Jarrett (WCW World Heavyweight Title 4-Corners Match, Sin '01)
  • Animal & Heidenreich vs Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro (WWE Tag Title Match, Great American Bash '05)
  • Animal, Heidenreich & Christie Hemme vs Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro & Melina (WWE Tag Title Match, No Mercy '05)
  • Royal Rumble 2006
  • Animal & Scott Steiner vs Brother Devon & Brother Ray (TNA Slammiversary '07)

0 voters

Self evidently an extremely important tag team, but not one that I’ve ever really seen much of. Hell of an aesthetic, but I cant in all good consciousness vote on this one.

2 Likes

^this

Not hard to look good if you never sell anything

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not expectting a huge vote on this one

They’re a 3 for me, an incredible look and gimmick, iconic even… Then they would get in the ring. You can count on one hand how many great matches they’ve had (and its often in multi-man matches or being carried) but fuck me were they over. Bit of a tragic story (the dark side of the ring episode on them is great) and the repackagings were even worse, but I still respect them, hence the 3 Mark.

hated them. was going to give them a 1 but then remembered the existence of the new age outlaws, so they’re at least a 2

1 Like

OOOOOOOO WHAT A 3

2 Likes

Loved them as a kid. They were the coolest thing ever when I was 10.

Watching them back now they were OK, probs a 3

1 Like

Actually quite shit but with a good look getting them over. 2.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a rush

4 Likes

Fucking loved them as a kid.
Big fan of their feud with Demolition.
5 from me.

too drunk to talk about it properly
they fucked up jobbers so much they’d leave the building if they knew they had to work them

1 Like

Cant believe youve done Droz dirty like this

Ultimate of right place at right time.

1 Like

The Droz stuff just kinda bums me out

What about the Heidenreich

2 Likes

That’s just embarrassing in a funny way.

The other day when you mentioned him I went down a wiki vortex again and read about the initial pitch for his character - yikes!

1 Like

Oh please remind I can’t remember what this was :sweat_smile: