šŸ¤¼ā€ā™‚ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? šŸ¤¼ā€ā™€ #27 Hulk Hogan šŸ‘Ø

I hated his pasta

1 Like

As this is how good WERE they, Iā€™ve based it on his run, not the stuff afterward. Obviously, a politicking prick and he pushed down multiple other wrestlers (Savage being the most obvious), but back then that was kind of how the business was. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s good or bad, but just the way it was.
He couldnā€™t really wrestle that well, but I kind of feel he was the start of the ā€œsports entertainmentā€ of wrestling and so didnā€™t need to. An amazing talker, coked up Hogan is still amazing to watch doing a promo. I think again, he showed what little you had to do in the ring to get a massive reaction, if you play the audience. Massively, massively over in the day, not just in wrestling, maybe the first mega star in wrestling to have as much popularity outside of the ring?
Vince completely put the company on the right person after Bob Backlund and look at where the company is now.

Scored him a 3, I wanted to score higher for him, but the politicking and generally cuntery of everything he did during his run made me go for that

1 Like

Way too young to appreciate him probably. To me heā€™s the guy made a fool of by Shawn Michaels and the Rock overselling, worked with Peter Thiel to shut down Gawker and was racist a few times

Votes Fine Gael to boot

Also sabotaged Ventures attempt at getting wrestlers to unionize

1 Like

4 Likes

He is a weirdly fascinating character, his blathering, exaggeration and lies now feel very proto-trump.

A horrible person, a master at working up the crowd, huge amounts of inadvertent entertainment. Given him a 3, between the two extremes he reaches.

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152

6 Likes

missed the best match from the poll

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x67o4lm

should have done this for sting at starrcade, brother

the one where he gets rekt by lesnar as well

the first one is exactly why itā€™s not there

the second one while great isnā€™t really a match

Letā€™s be honest him politicking the belt off Bret Hart of all people is quite funny

1 Like

At the time it was a bit shitty given it would have been Bretā€™s first major run buuuutā€¦ in retrospect yeah.

1 Like

His description of the Montreal Screwjob is brilliant

Well Bret Hart was supposed to lose to Shawn Michaels at uh, uh, WrestleManiaā€¦, uh, whatever the hell it was. You know, 16 or 17, I donā€™t know; Where all the fans were chanting ā€œBret screwed Bretā€. Bret told Vince McMahon ā€œIā€™m not losing to Shawn Michaels in Canadaā€ and Shawn Michaels went out there and pulled a fast one on Bret Hart and held him down and pinned him and Bret couldnā€™t do anything about it and so-called Excellence of Execution, who was supposed to be the greatest wrestler of all, little-teeny Shawn Michaels held him down and embarrassed him though. Bret Hart was being a horseā€™s ass saying he wouldnā€™t lose and Shawn Michaels pinned him anyway.

https://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/top-15-outrageous-claims-made-by-hulk-hogan/

Pretty mad how in 2003 or whatever he reinvented himself again

Liquid shit as a wrestler from the word go all through his career. The absolute embodiment of the shit Saturday morning kids show wwf pre attitude era. So so crap.

eh he was quite good as a heel pre-84, he used to have a fairly decent move set before he dialled it way back in

1 Like

Absolute cunt.

Gave him a 2 though cos of when he slammed Andre.

Close enough

1 Like

A Winner is You!

Awful man though he is, I saw him live at a TNA tour a few years back, saw his last ever match in fact, and I marked out like an idiot. The guy has an unbelievable level of charisma.

1 Like

This might be weirder even than Scott Steinerā€™s promos. Hogan threatening to literally flay Ric Flair