🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #28 Vince McMahon 💰

Here we go then. I was hoping to do this on Tuesday but work is just overwhelming me at the moment, my schedule should get a bit lighter from hereon so we can do these a bit more regularly as I know your weeks literally depend on it.

Anyway, Cunt Hogan goes into the relegation zone with 2.4

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Macho Man Randy Savage (12) 4.37
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
Eddie Guerrero (8) 4.28
Ric Flair (11) 4.23
The Steiner Brothers (n/a) 4.22*
Shawn Michaels (6) 4.21
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
Owen Hart (21) 3.95
CM Punk (16) 3.85
The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (106) 3.74
Booker T (48) 3.72
Charlotte Flair (34) 3.69
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2
Ron Simmons (114) 3.18
Big Van Vader (58) 3.17
A.P.A (90) 3.15
Sting (52) 3.12
The Big Boss Man(36) 3.1
Scott Steiner (55) 3.08
Hulk Hogan (61) 2.33
D-X (n/a) 2.33
JBL (n/a) 1.56

Next up, arguably the only other person who can match Hogan in terms of importance and stature in the wrestling industry (so much so they built a Mania feud around it) IT’S THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD, THE MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS MESS, THE BOSS, THE CEO, YOU’VE GOT NO CHANCE IN HELL AGAINST HIM, IT WAS HIM, AUSTIN, ALL ALONG! IT’S…

VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON

So, how good was Vinnie Mac really?

0 voters

Best match/moment:

• The Stand Back Performance
  • Shouting “UNBELIEVABLE” on the commentary desk throughout the up until late 1997
  • Orchestrating the Montreal Screwjob
  • Mr. McMahon & Steve Austin vs D-Lo Brown & Rocky Maivia (in-ring debut, RAW, May 11th '98)
  • Deadly Games Tournament (Survivor Series '98)
  • Royal Rumble '99
  • Mr. McMahon (& Paul White) vs Steve Austin (Steel Cage Match, St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, Feb '99)
  • Vince is revealed to be the Higher Power!
  • Vince & Shane McMahon vs Steve Austin (Handicap Ladder Match, King of the Ring '99)
  • Vince wins the Title on Smackdown vs HHH! (Sep '99)
  • Mr. McMahon vs Triple H w/Steph (No Holds Barred Match, Armageddon '99)
  • McMahon-Helmsley Era Formed at the 4-Corners Main Event Title Match (Wrestlemania 2000)
  • Vince, Shane & Triple H vs The Rock, Kane & The Undertaker (King of the Ring '00)
  • The XFL Kicks Off!
  • Shane buys WCW underneath Vince!
  • Vince vs Shane McMahon (Street Fight, Wrestlemania X-7)
  • Vince needs “The Old Stone Cold” back during the Invasion
  • Mr. McMahon vs Ric Flair (Street Fight, Royal Rumble 2002)
  • Mr. McMahon vs Hulk Hogan (Street Fight, Wrestlemania XIX)
  • Mr. McMahon vs Zach Gowen (Vengeance '03)
  • Vince vs Stephanie McMahon (I Quit Match, No Mercy '03)
  • Mr. McMahon vs The Undertaker (Buried Alive Match, Survivor Series '03)
  • Mr. McMahon vs Shawn Michaels (No Holds Barred, Wrestlemania 22)
  • Vince & Shane McMahon vs Shawn Michaels & “God” (Backlash '06)
  • The McMahons vs D-X (Summerslam '06)
  • The McMahons & Big Show vs D-X (Hell in a Cell Handicap Match, Unforgiven '06)
  • Umaga (w/ Vince) vs Bobby Lashley (w/ Trump) (Hair vs Hair match, Wrestlemania 23)
  • The McMahons & Umaga vs Bobby Lashley (ECW World Heavyweight Title Handicap Tag Match, Backlash '07 & Judgement Day '07)
  • Mr. MacMahon vs Bobby Lashley (ECW World Heavyweight Title Street Fight Match, One Night Stand '07)
  • Vince’s Limo Blows Up!
  • Million Dollar Mania!
  • Mr. McMahon vs Bret Hart (Wrestlemania 26)
  • Vince loses the company’s top belt to CM Punk (Money in the Bank 2011)

0 voters

Good luck voting in this one btw

Wrestlemania X7 was the pinnacle of that half soap opera kind of wrestling he pioneered isn’t it? Vince heeling, Shane bumping all about the place, LINDA STANDING

Not even a worker as such but he’s a maniac who chiselled himself into looking huge, learnt how to fall over, and personally saved his own business in the process.

Also my go-to choice in any and all wrestling games because it excuses me doing all sorts of villainous shit/people really want to kick the crap into him.

4 Likes

A very very very entertaining performer circa 1998 to 2006 like ludicrously entertaining. Dont thunk there will ever be a better Heel/Foil and Lord knows they’ve tried time and time again to copy the formula.

3 for the sheer entertainment. Such a bizarre fucking sociopath though, easily one of the most unlikeable people on the planet

4 Likes

Haha wow. Hes such a bizarre man, and he put himself on TV too much but during 1998 to 2001, he was one of the greatest performers on tv. The storyline with Austin is perfectly done, and he’s genuinely an amazing actor.

As an in ring performer he wasnt good but better than he had any right to be. Absolute fool now, washed up, but gave me.some of my fondest memories of tv ever

3 Likes

6 Likes

Genuinely have no idea how to rate this man, I equal parts love and hate him, I guess that means a 3?

1 Like

He’s an awful person, but utterly fascinating.

3 Likes

Having to restart a botched Royal Rumble from a seated position because he’d innocuously fucked both his legs power-walking missing from the best moment poll also

4 Likes

Forgot that! Loved how he tried to sell the sitting down as intentional with his arms crossed :joy:

2 Likes

Didnt he tear both his quads? The pain must have been insane

1 Like

I HATE AUSTIN

4 Likes
2 Likes

Might be apocryphal but I think the story was he tore one entering the ring, then insisted on walking to the back unaided and tore the other one on the way.

I mean, an incredible heel really. 10/10 as a character. Middling wrestler.

Fucking weird toxic cunt whose behaviour’s literally contributed to the deaths and misery of quite a lot of people, though. 0/10.

2 Likes

As a performer, one of the greatest of all time.

Horrible person obviously

FUCK how did I miss that

1 Like

An incredibly bizarre man. Pure evil incarnate in many ways - he won’t think twice about destroying people if it serves himself or for the most spurious reasons and yet he’s also a father figure to an large number of people who’ve been through horrific things themselves.

I’m not sure there’s ever been a better heel character than Mr McMahon tbh. Limited as he was in the ring, he did things a largely untrained man his age had no right to (he was in his 50s when he debuted!) and was capable of getting red hot heel heat on himself. As a character he’s probably a 4 overall though due to his limitations and overuse.

2 Likes

fascinatingly weird human, almost certainly awful, but as a pro wrestling performer, man, he’s just the best.

really sad that he can’t be on tv more, because when he does turn up he’s still great

this was in philadelphia, the same arena where earlier that year roman was booed out of the building after winning the rumble. vince (and steph, earlier in the night) gets that hostile crowd going nuts for roman winning the title. he’s the best

oops sorry col, didn’t mean to reply to you there

2 Likes