🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION The Undertaker 🎩

What are your thoughts on the Royal Rumble 1999 match

1 Like

I rewatched a bunch of royal rumbles a few years back and this one was probably the one i liked the least. Too many people i didnt know or care about and the steve austin/Vince mcmahon thing was boring for me, and still was the most interesting part
Edit - oops you didn’t mean in general did you, I was happy to be asked and just went into it haha. Don’t remember specifics too well, they all bleed into one tbh

2 Likes

Bahh one day I’ll find a fellow fan of the match!

1 Like

Oh do others hate it too? For me it was these reasons, also never enjoyed royal rumbles as much as other types of ppv matches

Think they really missed the boat with a Sting match. Do all you can to get him in for the Mania when Taker faced Henry in 2006. Kinda pointless match when looking at the streak matches around it. If not then do it instead of the (also pointless) 2nd HHH mania match.

yeah I think its considered as one of the worst, if not of all time then of the era. it’s my favourite match ever :frowning:

2 Likes

Aw no, hope you do find a fellow fan, sure one is out there

1 Like

That Snoop Dogg collab was such a missed opportunity

3 Likes

The Hell in a Cell HHH match or the previous one?

You lot are heathens for voting for the Mankind Hell in a Cell over the Shawn Michaels one (both their best matches) btw

1 Like

Exactly!

Grey Undertaker v Purple Undertaker, ahaha.

3 Likes

I think the Foley one is more important though - it’s had a far greater influence, for better and for worse.

Sure I understand the appeal and why it’s an iconic moment but it’s not really a match like the Shawn one (or Cactus Jack vs HHH in 2000 which is also better) as the Shawn one set a ridiculously high standard and gave us one of (if not) the best introduction of another long last lasting and beloved character.

Obviously I’m not saying the Mankind one isn’t great and the three mentioned here are leagues above any other Hell in a Cell other than the chaotic 6 man one. Only HIAC matches in recent memory that come close are New Day vs Usos and Becky vs Sasha

Great storytelling but felt like a waste of a royal rumble

Yeah Michaels vs Taker was incredible. Reckon the best big matches are ones that close a door and open another. It’s not quite Flair v Steamboat leading to Flair v Funk but it’s close

1 Like

Congrats to @Jarvis @still_he_persisted & @bugduv for being the surviving team and apparently correctly predicting that Taker would actually retire last night!

will close the main poll today and start a new one tomorrow (I’m on holiday this week so can actually promise this!) but we have one thing left to determine.

We’re down to two matches, which is the best? pick’em

Undertaker’s best match, The Final!
  • The Undertaker vs Mankind (Hell in a Cell, King of the Ring '98)
  • The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XXV)

0 voters

I have a fairly clear idea of who we should do next but in the interest of democracy:

Who’s Next?
  • Brian Pillman
  • Lex Luger
  • Jake The Snake Roberts
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Ted DiBiase
  • Yokozuna
  • Psycho Sid Justice
  • Diesel/Kevin Nash
  • I.R.S
  • Goldust
  • Kane
  • Ken Shamrock
  • The Rock
  • The Big Show
  • X-Pac
  • Rikishi Fatu
  • The Dudleys
  • Edge & Christian
  • DDP
  • Rhyno
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Jeff Hardy
  • Test
  • Randy Orton
  • Mark Henry
  • Edge
  • Batista
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Rusev
  • Goldberg
  • Roman Reigns
  • AJ Styles

0 voters

I might abstain from this one because I don’t think either are his best match :wink:

1 Like